9 July, 2010@4:55 am
Closed Sessions and LRG team for this collaborative marketing project to team up artists to produce new music (and of course dip them in LRG fashions). Here is what they had to say about their work with Warner Bros Records artist Outasight.
Our first meeting with Outasight took place in 2009, when he freestyled for RubyHornet on the street somewhere in downtown Austin. Since that time, the Yonkers-born Outasight has upped his visibility, and after the release of his LRG sponsored EP, “Further”, he inked a record deal with Warner Bros Records. Beyond the EP, LRG also cast Outasight in their Winter 2010 lookbook and further put their stamp on the emerging artist. Given the back story, Outasight became the perfect choice to kickoff the Closed Sessions and LRG series.
In between video shoots, and finishing his debut album, Outasight came to the windy city for the Closed Sessions experience. Documented entirely by RubyHornet.com, Outasight’s trip included a photoshoot with Virgil Solis, a visit to WHPK’s CTA Radio, a performance @SuperfunParty, and a Closed Session with Naledge of Kidz In The Hall at SoundScape Studios. Watch the documentary, and check out the photos to see the story behind “Turn It Up”, your newest summer anthem featuring Outasight, Naledge, and production by DJ Babu (Beat Junkies/Dilated Peoples).
- Raekwon Sets A Release Date For “F.I.L.A.” Album
- BUSH: A Snoop Odyssey Produced By Pharrell Williams [Preview]
- Drake – “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late” Surprise Album on iTunes Now
- Action Bronson “Mr. Wonderful” Cover Art and Tracklist
- Juicy J “Blue Dream & Lean 2″ Mixtape Cover Art & Release Date Revealed
- MF Grimm “MF Love Songs” Cover Art + Tracklist
- Lord Hakim – “Brass Knucklez” (feat. Vast Aire & Phizz Ed)
- IAMSU! – “Hella Good” (feat. Tyga)
- DJ Kay Slay – “I Declare War” (feat. Styles P, Sheek Louch, Vado, Raekwon, & Rell)
- Maverick Sabre – “We Don’t Wanna Be” (feat. Joey Bada$$)
- Cannibal Ox – “Blade: Art of Ox” (feat. Artifacts & U-God; prod. Black Milk)
- Asher Roth – “Blow Your Head” (prod. Nottz)