16 July, 2010@3:25 am
Duck Down released the following statement today, in regards to Rock’s recent attempted murder rap:
Rock from the acclaimed group Heltah Skeltah has been found not guilty in an attempted murder case stemming from a shooting incident that left a pimp paralyzed.
“Exhale for Rock & congratulations to his attorney Kenneth Montgomery (email@example.com) for the NOT GUILTY VERDICT! Incredible job,” Dru Ha said via Twitter.
Rock was accused of being a moonlighting as a pimp at night and shooting a rival in January of 2008. He was eventually released on $125,000 bail and proclaimed his innocent in the alleged shooting, assault and the assertion that he is a pimp.
Despite the legal matters, Rock refused to sensationalize the case and released D.I.R.T. (Da Incredible Rap Team) with Heltah Skeltah rap partner Sean “Ruck” Price later in 2008.
Rock was party to a recent celebration of Duck Down’s 15th Anniversary on Tuesday at BB King’s Club in New York.
Leave a Reply
- Raekwon Sets A Release Date For “F.I.L.A.” Album
- BUSH: A Snoop Odyssey Produced By Pharrell Williams [Preview]
- Drake – “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late” Surprise Album on iTunes Now
- Action Bronson “Mr. Wonderful” Cover Art and Tracklist
- Juicy J “Blue Dream & Lean 2″ Mixtape Cover Art & Release Date Revealed
- MF Grimm “MF Love Songs” Cover Art + Tracklist
- Lord Hakim – “Brass Knucklez” (feat. Vast Aire & Phizz Ed)
- IAMSU! – “Hella Good” (feat. Tyga)
- DJ Kay Slay – “I Declare War” (feat. Styles P, Sheek Louch, Vado, Raekwon, & Rell)
- Maverick Sabre – “We Don’t Wanna Be” (feat. Joey Bada$$)
- Cannibal Ox – “Blade: Art of Ox” (feat. Artifacts & U-God; prod. Black Milk)
- Asher Roth – “Blow Your Head” (prod. Nottz)