28 July, 2010@4:51 am
This summer Converse honors renowned hip-hop artist Big Boi, one-half of multi-platinum, five-time Grammy Award-winning super group OutKast, by producing a special limited edition run of Chuck Taylor All Stars designed by the artist himself. The iconic brand partnered with Big Boi to create the one-of-a-kind design in celebration of his Def Jam debut “Sir Lucious Left Foot: The Son of Chico Dusty” that was released on July 6th.
“Everyone knows the Converse All Star logo and I was honored when they approached me to create a design in celebration of my album release,” said Big Boi, aka Antwan Andre Patton. “It means a lot to me to give back to the fans that support my music, and as long as I can remember music and Converse have gone hand in hand, so partnering up with them was a no-brainer.”
Converse has long been associated with the worlds of music, sport, art and fashion and has a rich history of bringing them all together in its on-going commitment to being a catalyst for creativity. The new special design features the album title wrapped around the outer sides of the shoe’s heel, and fans can enter to win their own pair at one of a select few soon-to-be-announced online outlets, which will be giving away three exclusive copies of the shoe, autographed by Big Boi himself.
- Raekwon Sets A Release Date For “F.I.L.A.” Album
- BUSH: A Snoop Odyssey Produced By Pharrell Williams [Preview]
- Drake – “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late” Surprise Album on iTunes Now
- Action Bronson “Mr. Wonderful” Cover Art and Tracklist
- Juicy J “Blue Dream & Lean 2″ Mixtape Cover Art & Release Date Revealed
- MF Grimm “MF Love Songs” Cover Art + Tracklist
- Lord Hakim – “Brass Knucklez” (feat. Vast Aire & Phizz Ed)
- IAMSU! – “Hella Good” (feat. Tyga)
- DJ Kay Slay – “I Declare War” (feat. Styles P, Sheek Louch, Vado, Raekwon, & Rell)
- Maverick Sabre – “We Don’t Wanna Be” (feat. Joey Bada$$)
- Cannibal Ox – “Blade: Art of Ox” (feat. Artifacts & U-God; prod. Black Milk)
- Asher Roth – “Blow Your Head” (prod. Nottz)