According to the group’s website, Das Racist was deported and detained while on tour in the UK yesterday. The group released the following statement:
UPDATE 12/14/2010 2:46 pm EST: We were not deported (or removed) because of our “political views,” that was a joke. Maybe a stupid one. We were removed due to paperwork and visa issues that are being enforced more strictly than they had been in the past. ASK MIA ABOUT IT, YA’LL. Also, this happens to musicians (and non-musicians) all the time, we were merely documenting it.
Yesterday, because of some sticklerism on the part of UK Customs regarding paperwork, we were denied entry, detained for 8+ hours in the airport, and deported back to Switzerland.
We were held in a room with books, prayer rug and compass, television and remote, and these horrible sandwiches (cheese and onion, egg and cress, etc.). Also, “digestive biscuits’ along with Walker’s crisps (Salt & Vinegar, Salt).
We were there with two Iranian men, a Brazilian woman who spoke only Arabic and an Indian man with a student visa who couldn’t speak a lick of English. Our people!
Sorry to everybody who was planning on coming to Cargo last night, it was a show and city we were all incredibly excited for and it is a shame yr govvy doesn’t like us! Because of our POLITICAL VIEWS! We’ll be back soon, maybe we’ll leave the airport next time.
- Raekwon Sets A Release Date For “F.I.L.A.” Album
- BUSH: A Snoop Odyssey Produced By Pharrell Williams [Preview]
- Drake – “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late” Surprise Album on iTunes Now
- Action Bronson “Mr. Wonderful” Cover Art and Tracklist
- Juicy J “Blue Dream & Lean 2″ Mixtape Cover Art & Release Date Revealed
- MF Grimm “MF Love Songs” Cover Art + Tracklist
- Lord Hakim – “Brass Knucklez” (feat. Vast Aire & Phizz Ed)
- IAMSU! – “Hella Good” (feat. Tyga)
- DJ Kay Slay – “I Declare War” (feat. Styles P, Sheek Louch, Vado, Raekwon, & Rell)
- Maverick Sabre – “We Don’t Wanna Be” (feat. Joey Bada$$)
- Cannibal Ox – “Blade: Art of Ox” (feat. Artifacts & U-God; prod. Black Milk)
- Asher Roth – “Blow Your Head” (prod. Nottz)