It seems as if Beanie Sigel’s reign of tax-evading terror has come to an end. He was sentenced on Thursday to two years in prison for failing to file $728,536 in federal income taxes from 1999-2005. He also must pay all fines, fees, and penalties to the IRS, before heading to prison on September 12th.
But first, he will release his new album, This Time, hitting August 28th, on the newly relaunched Ruffhouse Records. CEO Chris Schwartz spoke on the album as well as the the rebirth of Ruffhouse.
“We’re extremely proud to be re-launching Ruffhouse Records with Beanie Sigel as our first artist. His sentencing today doesn’t change any of that in the least. Regardless of this unfortunate situation, Beanie has created a tremendous body of work that is totally worthy of the Ruffhouse name. It’s almost ironic that the sentencing is happening on the eve of this record, because this record is about introspection and redemption. Beanie is truly one of the great lyricists in the hip-hop game. He stands tall among all the major MCs and he’s revered by all hip-hop aficionados around the world. I’m basically following the same criteria as the previous Ruffhouse Records for the artists we represent. We’re working with self-established marquee artists, and Beanie is the perfect fit.”
Leave a Reply
- Raekwon Sets A Release Date For “F.I.L.A.” Album
- BUSH: A Snoop Odyssey Produced By Pharrell Williams [Preview]
- Drake – “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late” Surprise Album on iTunes Now
- Action Bronson “Mr. Wonderful” Cover Art and Tracklist
- Juicy J “Blue Dream & Lean 2″ Mixtape Cover Art & Release Date Revealed
- MF Grimm “MF Love Songs” Cover Art + Tracklist
- Lord Hakim – “Brass Knucklez” (feat. Vast Aire & Phizz Ed)
- IAMSU! – “Hella Good” (feat. Tyga)
- DJ Kay Slay – “I Declare War” (feat. Styles P, Sheek Louch, Vado, Raekwon, & Rell)
- Maverick Sabre – “We Don’t Wanna Be” (feat. Joey Bada$$)
- Cannibal Ox – “Blade: Art of Ox” (feat. Artifacts & U-God; prod. Black Milk)
- Asher Roth – “Blow Your Head” (prod. Nottz)