12 September, 2012@6:41 pm
The Black Opera have quickly proven to be beacons of light in the game, emerging at a time when the landscape is fragmented. Their EnterMission. project presented them as faceless champions for change and forward-motion. Now partnering with Mello Music Group, they are releasing the physical manifestation of EnterMission. on CD this week.
They’ve enlists now label-mate Apollo Brown to put his midas touch on “All Over Disguise”, a cut from EnterMission. originally produced by Astronote. Apollo chops a string sample beautifully to craft a reflective slow burner takes the vibe of the original audio demonstration to a more contemplative place. TBO’s introspection is augmented with powerful lines like, “analogue to digital, man is lost and miserable / seeking more (moor) in general, Othello” – a clever Shakespearian nod to the Moorish General Othello on-top of a track that knocks.
The anonymous creative collective is currently perfecting their next musical installment, Libretto: of King Legend, due out this fall, but the CD version of EnterMission. drops today with the vinyl on the way.
- Raekwon Sets A Release Date For “F.I.L.A.” Album
- BUSH: A Snoop Odyssey Produced By Pharrell Williams [Preview]
- Drake – “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late” Surprise Album on iTunes Now
- Action Bronson “Mr. Wonderful” Cover Art and Tracklist
- Juicy J “Blue Dream & Lean 2″ Mixtape Cover Art & Release Date Revealed
- MF Grimm “MF Love Songs” Cover Art + Tracklist
- Lord Hakim – “Brass Knucklez” (feat. Vast Aire & Phizz Ed)
- IAMSU! – “Hella Good” (feat. Tyga)
- DJ Kay Slay – “I Declare War” (feat. Styles P, Sheek Louch, Vado, Raekwon, & Rell)
- Maverick Sabre – “We Don’t Wanna Be” (feat. Joey Bada$$)
- Cannibal Ox – “Blade: Art of Ox” (feat. Artifacts & U-God; prod. Black Milk)
- Asher Roth – “Blow Your Head” (prod. Nottz)