Minneapolis born, Dallas dwelling producer Cardo is the peerlessly funky young beatmaker who has provided smoked out soundbeds for a literal Who’s Who of hip-hop’s new generation. After helping craft Wiz Khalifa’s sound on the beloved Kush & OJ and Taylor Allderdice mixtapes, and lacing everyone from Freddie Gibbs to Mac Miller with his signature grooves, Cardo reaches new musical heights on his debut EP, Everything I$ Gold, out today on Fool’s Gold Records.
The eight-track release is equal parts gangsta soul music, futuristic synthesizer trips, and unstoppable 808 bump, an awesomely region-less hybrid inspired by DJ Quik and Pimp C classics but rightfully belonging to one dude alone… Cardo on the beat! As Fool’s Gold co-founder Nick Catchdubs explains, “When you say ‘instrumental hip hop’ to people, they immediately think dusty loops and half-baked beats that rappers passed on. But Cardo is creating all his solo tracks in very unique, very wavy new territory. These songs are a world of their own, and A-Trak and I are proud to have Cardo’s sound under the Fool’s Gold umbrella!” Listen to the whole thing below and purchase on Itunes if you dig it.
- Raekwon Sets A Release Date For “F.I.L.A.” Album
- BUSH: A Snoop Odyssey Produced By Pharrell Williams [Preview]
- Drake – “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late” Surprise Album on iTunes Now
- Action Bronson “Mr. Wonderful” Cover Art and Tracklist
- Juicy J “Blue Dream & Lean 2″ Mixtape Cover Art & Release Date Revealed
- MF Grimm “MF Love Songs” Cover Art + Tracklist
- Lord Hakim – “Brass Knucklez” (feat. Vast Aire & Phizz Ed)
- IAMSU! – “Hella Good” (feat. Tyga)
- DJ Kay Slay – “I Declare War” (feat. Styles P, Sheek Louch, Vado, Raekwon, & Rell)
- Maverick Sabre – “We Don’t Wanna Be” (feat. Joey Bada$$)
- Cannibal Ox – “Blade: Art of Ox” (feat. Artifacts & U-God; prod. Black Milk)
- Asher Roth – “Blow Your Head” (prod. Nottz)