To cap off a year of career highlights, including producing a pair of the years most critically heralded albums (his own and Killer Mike’s R.A.P. Music), playing festivals like Coachella and it’s sister cruise ship festival, and collaborating with a diverse litany of artists like Gucci Mane, Slaughterhouse, Mr. Muthafuckin’ eXquire, and Danny Brown, El-P re-contextualizes Cancer 4 Cure by releasing the instrumentals alone on October 23rd via Fat Possum. The sonic canvases that served as backdrops for assertive lyrics about Brooklyn, confusion, and personal strife take on new life as standalone compositions, and inevitable fodder for the mixtape recycling plant. Cancer 4 Cure‘s synthesizers and forward-looking arrangements meet bruising low-end and sonic references to Bomb Squad-era B-sides for a timeless sound that’s intricate details are made even more evident when absorbed without verses.
After wrapping a European tour and playing live dates throughout the summer, El will support the instrumental release by bringing his 4-pieceband to both the Halifax Pop Explosion on October 17th and Moog Fest on October 26th in Ashville, North Carolina.
- Raekwon Sets A Release Date For “F.I.L.A.” Album
- BUSH: A Snoop Odyssey Produced By Pharrell Williams [Preview]
- Drake – “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late” Surprise Album on iTunes Now
- Action Bronson “Mr. Wonderful” Cover Art and Tracklist
- Juicy J “Blue Dream & Lean 2″ Mixtape Cover Art & Release Date Revealed
- MF Grimm “MF Love Songs” Cover Art + Tracklist
- Lord Hakim – “Brass Knucklez” (feat. Vast Aire & Phizz Ed)
- IAMSU! – “Hella Good” (feat. Tyga)
- DJ Kay Slay – “I Declare War” (feat. Styles P, Sheek Louch, Vado, Raekwon, & Rell)
- Maverick Sabre – “We Don’t Wanna Be” (feat. Joey Bada$$)
- Cannibal Ox – “Blade: Art of Ox” (feat. Artifacts & U-God; prod. Black Milk)
- Asher Roth – “Blow Your Head” (prod. Nottz)