Honing in on the modern man’s struggle, Journalist 103 uses his words to paint vivid pictures of peril, inspiration and overcoming hardship. As the lyricist behind The Left’s critically acclaimed 2010 opus, Gas Mask, Journalist maneuvered through obscurity and rose to infamy as one of Detroit’s most celebrated narrators. Throughout the years, he has shared the mic with legends such as Kool G Rap and even lent his voice to the opening track on Proof’s out-of-print Detroit classic and now collector’s item, Electric Coolaid Acid Testing.
Journalist 103 continues his investigative report on the human psyche and charters new territory on his solo debut, Reporting Live, to be released via Babygrande Records. “It is definitely a privilege and an honor to be putting this album out on Babygrande Records” remarks Journalist. “Sharing the Roster with the likes of Freeway and the legendary GZA makes everything up to this point all worth the while” he adds. Featuring guest appearances from Freeway, Saigon & Fashawn, and production from Snowgoons, Apollo Brown, Oddisee, The Audible Doctor, and more, Journalist 103 returns to boast lyrics straight from the headlines of an eye-opening periodical.
The album’s first single, “Danger” is produced by the notorious Detroit beat battler Marc Byrd and features Philadelphia legend, Freeway. “Danger” is a room-filling banger that showcases Journalist and Freeway trading verses, heeding a warning of the severity of street life.
- Raekwon Sets A Release Date For “F.I.L.A.” Album
- BUSH: A Snoop Odyssey Produced By Pharrell Williams [Preview]
- Drake – “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late” Surprise Album on iTunes Now
- Action Bronson “Mr. Wonderful” Cover Art and Tracklist
- Juicy J “Blue Dream & Lean 2″ Mixtape Cover Art & Release Date Revealed
- MF Grimm “MF Love Songs” Cover Art + Tracklist
- Lord Hakim – “Brass Knucklez” (feat. Vast Aire & Phizz Ed)
- IAMSU! – “Hella Good” (feat. Tyga)
- DJ Kay Slay – “I Declare War” (feat. Styles P, Sheek Louch, Vado, Raekwon, & Rell)
- Maverick Sabre – “We Don’t Wanna Be” (feat. Joey Bada$$)
- Cannibal Ox – “Blade: Art of Ox” (feat. Artifacts & U-God; prod. Black Milk)
- Asher Roth – “Blow Your Head” (prod. Nottz)