New Era and MTV have joined forces to bring a unique cap collection that celebrates the iconic MTV brand, as well as one of hip-hop’s most influential music shows, “Yo! MTV Raps.” The special collection is available now at select Champs Sports locations, as well as, New Era Cap flagship stores and NewEraCap.com. Prices range from $24.99 to $35.99.
The brand-new collection pays homage to the classic retro style and brings fans a collection that is reminiscent of the time when the legendary show debuted on the MTV.
MTV’s “Yo! MTV Raps” is one of hip-hop’s most celebrated and ground-breaking music franchises ever. The show premiered in 1988 with Fab 5 Freddy, Ed Lover and Doctor Dré helming the first hip-hop music series on the network that featured the latest rap videos, interviews with artists, live performances and comedic shorts. In 2011, MTV2 brought the franchise back to life in the form of a series of “Yo! MTV Raps: Classic Cuts” specials that took a retrospective look at the era that helped shape and define hip-hop into the dominant music form it is today.
The collection includes five MTV logos and three ‘Yo! MTV Raps’ designs. Both New Era’s 59FIFTY fitted caps and 9FIFTY snapbacks are included in the offerings. The caps feature some of the most recognizable logos throughout MTV history. The imagery embodies the style of the 80s and 90s. They inspired details throughout each piece of the collection, including full under visor treatments.
“This collaboration comes at a perfect time. It’s right on point with the current trend of bright vibrant colors and retro styles. MTV brings to the New Era cap canvas, innovative looks to excite the music lover and fashion influencer,” said Stu Domanowski, Director Fan Gear at New Era.
The two brands will continue to collaborate through 2013 with additional product releases celebrating the 25th Anniversary of Yo! MTV Raps and the rich history and pop culture influence of MTV.
“We are thrilled to be working with a best-in-class partner in New Era to bring this iconic cap collection to the marketplace,” said Lisa Silfen, Senior Vice President of Program Enterprises, MTV Networks.
Take a look at the collection here.
- Raekwon Sets A Release Date For “F.I.L.A.” Album
- BUSH: A Snoop Odyssey Produced By Pharrell Williams [Preview]
- Drake – “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late” Surprise Album on iTunes Now
- Action Bronson “Mr. Wonderful” Cover Art and Tracklist
- Juicy J “Blue Dream & Lean 2″ Mixtape Cover Art & Release Date Revealed
- MF Grimm “MF Love Songs” Cover Art + Tracklist
- Lord Hakim – “Brass Knucklez” (feat. Vast Aire & Phizz Ed)
- IAMSU! – “Hella Good” (feat. Tyga)
- DJ Kay Slay – “I Declare War” (feat. Styles P, Sheek Louch, Vado, Raekwon, & Rell)
- Maverick Sabre – “We Don’t Wanna Be” (feat. Joey Bada$$)
- Cannibal Ox – “Blade: Art of Ox” (feat. Artifacts & U-God; prod. Black Milk)
- Asher Roth – “Blow Your Head” (prod. Nottz)