Fat Joe pled guilty in an NJ court on Thursday, for failing to pay taxes on nearly $3 million in income, earned over a period of two years from royalties and performances in 2007 and 2008. The initial allegation covered 2007-2010, with $718,038 in taxes owed.
When asked by the court if he understood the charges he faced, Joe replied, “I super-understand it.” His lawyer, Jeffrey Lichtman, said he hopes to have the taxes paid by the time of sentencing on April 3rd. Bail was set and released at $250,000, but Joe may face up to two years in prison, along with a fine of $200k, along with penalties from the IRS.
- Raekwon Sets A Release Date For “F.I.L.A.” Album
- BUSH: A Snoop Odyssey Produced By Pharrell Williams [Preview]
- Drake – “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late” Surprise Album on iTunes Now
- Action Bronson “Mr. Wonderful” Cover Art and Tracklist
- Juicy J “Blue Dream & Lean 2″ Mixtape Cover Art & Release Date Revealed
- MF Grimm “MF Love Songs” Cover Art + Tracklist
- Lord Hakim – “Brass Knucklez” (feat. Vast Aire & Phizz Ed)
- IAMSU! – “Hella Good” (feat. Tyga)
- DJ Kay Slay – “I Declare War” (feat. Styles P, Sheek Louch, Vado, Raekwon, & Rell)
- Maverick Sabre – “We Don’t Wanna Be” (feat. Joey Bada$$)
- Cannibal Ox – “Blade: Art of Ox” (feat. Artifacts & U-God; prod. Black Milk)
- Asher Roth – “Blow Your Head” (prod. Nottz)