28 December, 2012@8:58 am
DJ Touré, the venerated DJ/producer for the Hieroglyphics crew, has had a very busy 2012; between running his Bay Area-based production company, 101% Music and producing songs for the likes of E-40, Dolla Will, and Erk Tha Jerk, it’s amazing that he had time to perfect his long-awaited new album, Touré’s Theory: Session One. Nevertheless, that’s exactly what he did, and is now announcing that Session One be released on February 19th via Hiero Imperium.
Touré’s project features a plethora of both Bay Area newcomers and rap veterans like Too $hort, Mistah FAB, and The Jacka. Also appearing on Session One is a number of his Hiero brethren, including long-time friend and collaborator Casual. The two recently teamed up for Touré’s latest video, a hazy, nebulous visual for the song “Streets Love It.” Directed by Dylan Freitas-D’Louhy, the video looks like something ripped off a broken VHS tape with revolving frames and grainy footage, and shows both Touré and Casual rhyming in front of glow-in-the-dark hieroglyphic paintings and fine females.
Leave a Reply
- Raekwon Sets A Release Date For “F.I.L.A.” Album
- BUSH: A Snoop Odyssey Produced By Pharrell Williams [Preview]
- Drake – “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late” Surprise Album on iTunes Now
- Action Bronson “Mr. Wonderful” Cover Art and Tracklist
- Juicy J “Blue Dream & Lean 2″ Mixtape Cover Art & Release Date Revealed
- MF Grimm “MF Love Songs” Cover Art + Tracklist
- Lord Hakim – “Brass Knucklez” (feat. Vast Aire & Phizz Ed)
- IAMSU! – “Hella Good” (feat. Tyga)
- DJ Kay Slay – “I Declare War” (feat. Styles P, Sheek Louch, Vado, Raekwon, & Rell)
- Maverick Sabre – “We Don’t Wanna Be” (feat. Joey Bada$$)
- Cannibal Ox – “Blade: Art of Ox” (feat. Artifacts & U-God; prod. Black Milk)
- Asher Roth – “Blow Your Head” (prod. Nottz)