The New York Times reports that the two remaining Beastie Boys, Mike D and Ad-Rock, are planning on penning a memoir of the group’s story, in collaboration with hip-hop scribe Sasha Jenkins, due 2015.
The as-of-yet untitled project (No Sleep Til Brooklyn? Rhymin’ & Stealin’?) will not be a straight-forward autobiography, but will instead be a loose-knit narrative, told in their voices, alongside other contributors and other media, as the duo are “interested in challenging the form and making the book a multidimensional experience. “There is a kaleidoscopic frame of reference, and it asks a reader to keep up,” according to Julie Grau, the publisher of Spiegel & Grau, the house which also published Jay-Z’s Decoded.
The book will reportedly be presented in a similar fashion to their long-defunct magazine, Grand Royal, according to their agent Luke Janklow. “The first words out of Mike’s mouth were, ‘I don’t want to do a straight memoir,’” Janklow told the New York Times. The idea for the project was initially hatched many years ago, before Adam Yauch was diagnosed with cancer.
Leave a Reply
- Raekwon Sets A Release Date For “F.I.L.A.” Album
- BUSH: A Snoop Odyssey Produced By Pharrell Williams [Preview]
- Drake – “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late” Surprise Album on iTunes Now
- Action Bronson “Mr. Wonderful” Cover Art and Tracklist
- Juicy J “Blue Dream & Lean 2″ Mixtape Cover Art & Release Date Revealed
- MF Grimm “MF Love Songs” Cover Art + Tracklist
- Lord Hakim – “Brass Knucklez” (feat. Vast Aire & Phizz Ed)
- IAMSU! – “Hella Good” (feat. Tyga)
- DJ Kay Slay – “I Declare War” (feat. Styles P, Sheek Louch, Vado, Raekwon, & Rell)
- Maverick Sabre – “We Don’t Wanna Be” (feat. Joey Bada$$)
- Cannibal Ox – “Blade: Art of Ox” (feat. Artifacts & U-God; prod. Black Milk)
- Asher Roth – “Blow Your Head” (prod. Nottz)