13 June, 2013@12:12 am
The REcstatic [pronounced “Re - Ecstatic”], available now as a free full-album download only via Mon Dieu Music (www.mondieumusic.com/the-recstatic.html), is a stunning audio re-telling of the 2009 Yasiin Bey (formerly known as Mos Def) album The Ecstatic.
Serving for the better part of the past decade as tour DJ and in-house producer for Yasiin Bey, Preservation is the logical fit to take on the mission of remixing The Ecstatic from top to bottom, in no small part because he produced three of the original album’s tracks. The result is 16 songs – with their original vocals – that meticulously meditate on the original beats and samples of the album, bringing new sounds to a new decade.
- Raekwon Sets A Release Date For “F.I.L.A.” Album
- BUSH: A Snoop Odyssey Produced By Pharrell Williams [Preview]
- Drake – “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late” Surprise Album on iTunes Now
- Action Bronson “Mr. Wonderful” Cover Art and Tracklist
- Juicy J “Blue Dream & Lean 2″ Mixtape Cover Art & Release Date Revealed
- MF Grimm “MF Love Songs” Cover Art + Tracklist
- Lord Hakim – “Brass Knucklez” (feat. Vast Aire & Phizz Ed)
- IAMSU! – “Hella Good” (feat. Tyga)
- DJ Kay Slay – “I Declare War” (feat. Styles P, Sheek Louch, Vado, Raekwon, & Rell)
- Maverick Sabre – “We Don’t Wanna Be” (feat. Joey Bada$$)
- Cannibal Ox – “Blade: Art of Ox” (feat. Artifacts & U-God; prod. Black Milk)
- Asher Roth – “Blow Your Head” (prod. Nottz)