18 July, 2013@1:59 pm
This is the first leak from The Rub Remixed! Coming July 30, 2013:
The Rub’s first EP of original music was released in June, and the duo (DJ Eleven and DJ Ayres) enlisted a handful of their favorite producers to remix the four songs. Inspired by the legendary Brooklyn party, The Rub Remixed is extremely eclectic, from boom bap hip-hop to rave anthems to chill out vibes.
Marco Polo brings a 90s rap aesthetic to “Feel You,” enlisting Lil Fame from M.O.P. to add some Brooklyn grime to complement Misun’s smoky singing. German dancehall dons So Shifty (Mad Decent) lift the Natalie Storm feature “Dutty Gyal” to high energy carnival Soca levels, while XXXChange (T&A) keeps the electro feel of the original track but raves it out. Oakland’s Trackademiks (Fools Gold) smooths things out with his “Black & White” remix, delivering notes of 80s R&B and Bay slaps. Michna’s (Ghostly International) “At Night” remix is deep and lo-fi, like Afrika Bambaata scoring a Michael Mann film.
Go to The Rub website to download the original The Rub EP for free along with The Rub’s brand new mix for The Fader, and don’t miss their monthly bash at The Bell House, where they are celebrating their 11 year anniversary this summer.
Leave a Reply
- Raekwon Sets A Release Date For “F.I.L.A.” Album
- BUSH: A Snoop Odyssey Produced By Pharrell Williams [Preview]
- Drake – “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late” Surprise Album on iTunes Now
- Action Bronson “Mr. Wonderful” Cover Art and Tracklist
- Juicy J “Blue Dream & Lean 2″ Mixtape Cover Art & Release Date Revealed
- MF Grimm “MF Love Songs” Cover Art + Tracklist
- Lord Hakim – “Brass Knucklez” (feat. Vast Aire & Phizz Ed)
- IAMSU! – “Hella Good” (feat. Tyga)
- DJ Kay Slay – “I Declare War” (feat. Styles P, Sheek Louch, Vado, Raekwon, & Rell)
- Maverick Sabre – “We Don’t Wanna Be” (feat. Joey Bada$$)
- Cannibal Ox – “Blade: Art of Ox” (feat. Artifacts & U-God; prod. Black Milk)
- Asher Roth – “Blow Your Head” (prod. Nottz)