This is the 4th time that Mac and Nick Huff Barili have sat down for an interview. In the first installment of this segment Mac shares where he is at in his life musically and personally. Mac explains that he went through a dark period during the Macadelic tour where he hated everything because he loved the mixtape but fans didn’t embrace it the way he hoped. Mac is in a better place now and has received critical acclaim and fan support for his new album which has no songs on it aimed for radio. Mac goes on to explain his alter ego’s Larry Fisherman and Larry Lovestein and how each allow him to tap into other aspects that might not fit into the “Mac Miller” brand. Though Mac states “I don’t even know who “Mac Miller” the artist is”. As the interview continues Mac talks about working with Ariana Grande and their controversial kiss in her music video which features Mac called The Way. Part 1 of this interview ends with Mac talking about Celebrity Culture and the false idea that people have a simple identity. Although it might be easier to put people in a box Mac states that we all go through the same basic feelings.
In the second installment of the interview, Mac talks to Nick Huff Barili about having Loaded Lux diss him on Mac’s album (at the end of Red Dot Music). In the diss Loaded Lux says “All the shit that supposedly drove me to a drug addiction” states Mac. Nick compares the idea to what Eminem did in 8 Mile.
Mac goes on to say that Jay Electronica is one of his favorite rappers and talks bout the track they worked on together called “Suplexes Inside of Complexes and Duplexes” where Jay raps about the female characters in the Wizard of Oz.
As the interview continues Mac talks about his music video for “Watching Movies” which was controversial is some circles. “I think having bitches twerking in a church is fucking glorious” say Mac when referencing the controversy. “I hadn’t slept for four nights when we made that video.” Mac shares that he has issues falling asleep and that he enjoys nature documentaries including “Birds of the Gods” and “Turtle: The Incredible Journey”.
Segment two ends with Mac talking about working with Pharrell on Pink Slime and on the track Objects In The Mirror from Mac’s new album.
Leave a Reply
- Raekwon Sets A Release Date For “F.I.L.A.” Album
- BUSH: A Snoop Odyssey Produced By Pharrell Williams [Preview]
- Drake – “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late” Surprise Album on iTunes Now
- Action Bronson “Mr. Wonderful” Cover Art and Tracklist
- Juicy J “Blue Dream & Lean 2″ Mixtape Cover Art & Release Date Revealed
- MF Grimm “MF Love Songs” Cover Art + Tracklist
- Lord Hakim – “Brass Knucklez” (feat. Vast Aire & Phizz Ed)
- IAMSU! – “Hella Good” (feat. Tyga)
- DJ Kay Slay – “I Declare War” (feat. Styles P, Sheek Louch, Vado, Raekwon, & Rell)
- Maverick Sabre – “We Don’t Wanna Be” (feat. Joey Bada$$)
- Cannibal Ox – “Blade: Art of Ox” (feat. Artifacts & U-God; prod. Black Milk)
- Asher Roth – “Blow Your Head” (prod. Nottz)