13 January, 2014@4:06 am
Legendary hip-hop innovator and Grammy award winner Q-Tip is teaming up with current Wolf Of Wall Street co-stars, multi-Oscar nominee Leonardo DiCaprio and Oscar-nominee Jonah Hill, through DiCaprio’s production company Appian Way, to develop and create a new scripted TV series that is loosely based on Q-Tip¹s experience during the Native Tongue era.
Hill is eyeing to direct the pilot.
The dramatic series will be loosely based on the community and the collective that was A Tribe Called Quest, whom Q-Tip was a founding member, and their experience and friendship during the Native Tongue era in the late 80s and early 1990s with other hip-hop artists. The show will reflect on the stories of how their music played a part in culture then and influenced the music of today.
- Raekwon Sets A Release Date For “F.I.L.A.” Album
- BUSH: A Snoop Odyssey Produced By Pharrell Williams [Preview]
- Drake – “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late” Surprise Album on iTunes Now
- Action Bronson “Mr. Wonderful” Cover Art and Tracklist
- Juicy J “Blue Dream & Lean 2″ Mixtape Cover Art & Release Date Revealed
- MF Grimm “MF Love Songs” Cover Art + Tracklist
- Lord Hakim – “Brass Knucklez” (feat. Vast Aire & Phizz Ed)
- IAMSU! – “Hella Good” (feat. Tyga)
- DJ Kay Slay – “I Declare War” (feat. Styles P, Sheek Louch, Vado, Raekwon, & Rell)
- Maverick Sabre – “We Don’t Wanna Be” (feat. Joey Bada$$)
- Cannibal Ox – “Blade: Art of Ox” (feat. Artifacts & U-God; prod. Black Milk)
- Asher Roth – “Blow Your Head” (prod. Nottz)