DJ QBert returns with a bang by releasing 2 extraordinary albums on July 1, 2014 and breaking new ground with the World’s First interactive album packaging. Extraterrestria is DJ QBert’s much-anticipated follow up to his groundbreaking debut album and feature film, Wave Twisters. His follow up, Extraterrestria is a collection of “alien-like” music from space [cont.]
In this episode of Fuse’s Crate Diggers, DJ Q-Bert shows off his diverse record collection, which spans everything from Devo to Marley Marl.
Update: Here is the full-length cut. This is classic El. 12/17/13: Here is a new bonus track from the upcoming European release of Killer Mike and El-P’s Run The Jewels LP. Trackstar The DJ premiered the cut during the crew’s boiler room performance, and had this to say about it: “Before the guys’ interview and [cont.]
Here’s a little something for you scratch nerds out there. DJ Five, where you at?
Celebrating his 25th anniversary as a DJ, DJ Q-Bert has teamed with When Art Imitates Life (best known for their works with RZA and Hiero) to produce The Disktroyer, as seen above. Limited to 250 copies in existence, the Disktroyer art canvases were were produced with “sonic guru” Hendrix, and include over 50 hidden elements [cont.]
We’re not sure what the criteria is of DJ Times’ “America’s Best DJ” contest, especially considering that the winners list is made up of all different kinds of guys (I.e. Q-Bert a “scratch DJ”, Kaskade, a progressive house DJ, DJ Shadow, a producer, etc). Thankfully Q-Bert took the top spot, but we are still questionable [cont.]
Thud Rumble is offering up the classic Q-Bert Battle Brakes vinyl in new marble colors of blue and green. Get this seminal release once again direct from TR, available now for a limited time.
Featuring interviews with Chuck D, DJ Q-Bert, Pete Rock, Afrika Bambaataa, Aesop Rock, Mix Master Mike, De La Soul, Danger Mouse and a bunch of stuffy lawyers, this documentary examines the history of sampling in hip-hop music, and how the legalities behind it changed the entire landscape of hip-hop music. Perhaps the best quote in [cont.]
Sherman Oaks, CA – Through long and rigorous tests, scientists have discovered that DJ’s are more inclined to please their partner’s sexual appetite better during sessions of “foreplay”, more so than the average “non-DJ”. Studies show that through the constant shifting of the DJ’s fingers on both the mixer and records spinning on a turntable, [cont.]
- Raekwon Sets A Release Date For “F.I.L.A.” Album
- BUSH: A Snoop Odyssey Produced By Pharrell Williams [Preview]
- Drake – “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late” Surprise Album on iTunes Now
- Action Bronson “Mr. Wonderful” Cover Art and Tracklist
- Juicy J “Blue Dream & Lean 2″ Mixtape Cover Art & Release Date Revealed
- MF Grimm “MF Love Songs” Cover Art + Tracklist
- Lord Hakim – “Brass Knucklez” (feat. Vast Aire & Phizz Ed)
- IAMSU! – “Hella Good” (feat. Tyga)
- DJ Kay Slay – “I Declare War” (feat. Styles P, Sheek Louch, Vado, Raekwon, & Rell)
- Maverick Sabre – “We Don’t Wanna Be” (feat. Joey Bada$$)
- Cannibal Ox – “Blade: Art of Ox” (feat. Artifacts & U-God; prod. Black Milk)
- Asher Roth – “Blow Your Head” (prod. Nottz)