October 2nd on Duck Down….. 1) Dreams In A Basement featuring Jill Scott (produced by !llmind) 2) Jansport Strings (One Time for Chi-Ali) (produced by 9th Wonder) 3) Pockets Full feat. Freeway (produced by !llmind) 4) Give It Up feat. DJ Prince (produced by !llmind) 5) Glass Ceilings (produced by !llmind) 6) Range Rover Rhythm [cont.]
Nina B (born in the Bronx, Brooklyn resident) enlists Action Bronson and Skyzoo for “718″ off of her forthcoming LP Titles Are Played Out which will be released on August 21st, 2012.
Most people never come close to achieving their dreams. Fortunately, perpetually underrated Brooklyn MC Skyzoo isn’t one of those people. A model of consistency in a world of rappers with fleeting popularity, Skyzoo will release his sophomore LP entitled, ‘A Dream Deferred,’ on October 2nd. The album will be released on Skyzoo’s recently established label, [cont.]
“The idea behind Jansport Strings is not based on it being literal, but more so in the figurative sense. As a kid in NY, the strings on your Jansport bag were a sign of power and presence. Kids would steal the strings off of each other’s bags and burn the tips to prevent getting robbed [cont.]
‘Spread Love, That’s The BROOKLYN Way’ has always been the slogan for the boro, so it was inevitable for these two lyricist born and raised in Brooklyn to make that Brownsville and Bedstuy connection. Sr. and Skyzoo literally raise the bar on the Fred Bear produced gem. This record is a cut from Ragazino’s new [cont.]
Fokis introduces the newest member to his Local-Mu12 Crew, SON-RAY. A lyrical power house from Bedstuy, Brooklyn. With his first single “Music Is My Life” Ft. Skyzoo & Babieqirl off his upcoming EP ‘FACE VALUE’ Son-Ray displays an amazing word play and flow, while Skyzoo does what he always does and that’s “Get Busy”. Music [cont.]
The official video for “Rap Like Me”, off the critically acclaimed mixtape The Great Debater. Produced by Eric G., directed by Cam Kirk, and shot on location at this year’s SXSW festival in Austin, TX.
In the premiere episode of Friends With Words, rapper Skyzoo is given 12 words whereafter he must use those words for an on-the-spot rap freestyle.
Skyzoo delivers this video from The Great Debater, which was named as one of HipHopSite.Com’s 10 Best Mixtapes of 2011. Directed by Christopher Wilkes & Dave Canon.
Directed by A.Jay.D.
First single off of “The Indie Life: Hate, Love & Money” dropping 1.12.12 on Djbooth.net.
The official video for “Written In The Drums”, produced by @SwiffD and directed by @pacool of Chancleta Films. From the critically acclaimed mixtape The Great Debater.
Off the mixtape The Bo$$tress 2 (B*tch I’m Back).
Everybody’s getting paid today. This one comes from the NBA2K12 soundtrack.
Every artist has felt ripped off or “swagga jacked” at some point. ‘Attack Of The Clones’ is a song about artists trying to be carbon copies of other artists, they can copy the writings and styles but can’t duplicate the passion or “magic” of the original. A.Jay.D linked with Skyzoo, knowing he’s from the breed [cont.]
Skyzoo’s The Great Debater (Revisited) is on Itunes now, thanks to Duck Down, including four bonus tracks not included on the free version, including this one.
1. Boat Check In (“Otis” Freestyle) 2. This & That (“Lil Bruh” Freestyle) 3. Wonderfully I (“Trouble on My Mind” Freestyle) 4. Black Hero Music (“Superman” Freestyle) 5. Take It There (“Lift Off” Freestyle) 6. Wikipedia Rap (“Failure” Freestyle) Skyzoo – “The Penny Freestyle Series: The Complete Collection”
On Tuesday, August 30th, Skyzoo’s revisiting his recent album, The Great Debater, and offering fans 4 new bonus tracks, exclusive to iTunes. The twenty song album is available at iTunes for only $7.99. The following week, the sixteen-track, standard edition album will be available at other digital retail stores such as Amazon Digital, Napster, Rhapsody, [cont.]
Skyzoo tells us: The beat, a hidden track off of my homey Black Milk’s ’09 debut “Popular Demand”, is one of my favorite beats EVER. I wanted to tag that beat for awhile now, and this was the perfect time to do so. [Audio clip: view full post to listen] LISTEN: Skyzoo – “Black Hero [cont.]
- 2 Chainz and Pusha T Team For “2 Good To Be T.R.U.” Tour
- Fabolous Reveals “The Soul Tape 3″ Cover Art, Release Date
- Kanye’s Next Album May Be 8 Songs, Produced By Q-Tip & Rick Rubin
- Alchemist – “The Cutting Room Floor 3″ Tracklist Revealed
- Talib Kweli – “Gravitas” Cover Art & Tracklist
- Q-Tip + Busta Rhymes – “The Abstract & The Dragon” Cover Artwork Revealed
- Mic Terror – “15 Minutes”
- TeeFlii – “That’s How We Livin” (feat. Snoop Dogg & Warren G)
- Saigon – “Best Mistake” (feat. G Martin)
- Travis Barker & Scoop DeVille – “Cuz Im Famous” (feat. Paul Wall, Hopsin & Yelawolf)
- Talib Kweli – “New Leaders” (feat. The Underachievers; prod. Statik Selektah)
- Beni Haze – “Distance” (feat. Juicy J + Kyle) / “It’s On Me” (feat. Pusha T + Planet VI)
- Talib Kweli - "The Wormhole" (Video)
Commented on by khordkutta
- Cory Mo – "Hold Up" (feat. Big K.R.I.T. & Talib Kweli) (Video)
Commented on by yungplex
- Strong Arm Steady & Oh No - "No Sky Limit (Smoke On Remix)" (feat. Dom Kennedy)
Commented on by dr dre beats 80 off
- Masta Ace Reveals He Has Been Living With Multiple Sclerosis For a Decade
Commented on by yungplex
- Alchemist - "The Cutting Room Floor 3" Tracklist Revealed
Commented on by Thoroughbread
- Jay Z - "Tom Ford (Remix)" (feat. Pimp C) + Jay Ranks His Albums
Commented on by Chad