Mack and Ryan rock lavish coats for their performance of “Thrift Shop” w/ The Roots on Jimmy Fallon.
Joey Bada$$ joins The Roots on stage at Late Night w/ Jimmy Fallon, for a performance of “Waves”.
More footage of the Wu up at Jimmy Fallon, this time performing their debut single, “Protect Ya Neck”, backed by The Roots.
In a move that couldn’t seem like a more natural fit, The Roots frontman, ?uestlove, will teach a course at New York University next Spring called “Classic Albums”, alongside Universal Music Enterprises VP of A&R, Harry Weinger. This came about after ?uestlove read a review of Public Enemy’s It Takes A Nation Of Millions To [cont.]
Another remix from The Robert Glasper Project, Black Radio Rediscovered, which also features collaborations with Mos Def, Little Brother, and Pete Rock.
Kendrick performs “Swimming Pools (Drank)” on Jimmy Fallon, backed by the legendary Roots crew.
Last night on Late Night With Jimmy Fallon, SNL actress Maya Rudolph appeared, and performed Prince’s classic single “Darling Nikki” alongside the legendary Roots crew and her partner-in-crime Gretchen Lieberum. This wasn’t quite an impromptu performance, as the two make up “Princess”, and are performing a selection of Prince covers tonight at The Brooklyn Bowl [cont.]
The Roots will be honored by the city of Philadelphia, with a mural of the group located at the World Communications Charter School, 1433 South Street. Produced by The City of Philadelphia Mural Arts Project, The Roots thank the city for the honor in the above clip.
The Roots back Nelly for this performance of perhaps one of the worst songs of the 100BPM Neptunes-era of club bangers.
Frank Ocean makes his debut television appearance tonight on Jimmy Fallon, performing “Bad Religion” from Channel: Orange, which is out on Itunes now.
A classic done justice.
Big K.R.I.T. collaborates with The Roots for his single from Live From The Underground up at Late Night.
This will work greater for his campaign than all the mud-slinging the other side can muster.
Happening June 2nd and 3rd in Philly at Festival Pier at Penn’s Landing, The 5th Annual Roots Picnic will include performances by The Roots, Kid Cudi, De La Soul, Wale, Major Lazer, Diplo, St. Vincent, The Tune-Yards, Danny Brown, Shabazz Palaces, Moosh & Twist, Flosstradamus, Stretch Armstrong, The Hood Internet, Star Slinger, Mr. MFN Exquire, [cont.]
Nas appears on Late Night w/ Jimmy Fallon to perform his 2011 single “Nasty”, with The Roots backing him up.
This comes from the soundtrack to a new film called Soundtrack For A Revolution, due February 14th, chronicalling the civil rights movement of the 1960′s.
21221136 by YardieGoals
Common celebrates the release of The Dreamer/The Believer with The Roots, live on Late Night With Jimmy Fallon.
- Raekwon Sets A Release Date For “F.I.L.A.” Album
- BUSH: A Snoop Odyssey Produced By Pharrell Williams [Preview]
- Drake – “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late” Surprise Album on iTunes Now
- Action Bronson “Mr. Wonderful” Cover Art and Tracklist
- Juicy J “Blue Dream & Lean 2″ Mixtape Cover Art & Release Date Revealed
- MF Grimm “MF Love Songs” Cover Art + Tracklist
- Lord Hakim – “Brass Knucklez” (feat. Vast Aire & Phizz Ed)
- IAMSU! – “Hella Good” (feat. Tyga)
- DJ Kay Slay – “I Declare War” (feat. Styles P, Sheek Louch, Vado, Raekwon, & Rell)
- Maverick Sabre – “We Don’t Wanna Be” (feat. Joey Bada$$)
- Cannibal Ox – “Blade: Art of Ox” (feat. Artifacts & U-God; prod. Black Milk)
- Asher Roth – “Blow Your Head” (prod. Nottz)