In part one of Hard Knock TV’s interview Young Guru & DJ Khalil talk with Nick Huff Barili about Dr Dre, Roc-A-Fella, N.W.A, Dilla, DJ Premier, Dj Quik, De La Soul and much more.
Meet Young Guru. He’s a Glass Explorer, acclaimed DJ, producer and audio engineer who has helped shape the sound of music legends including Jay-Z, Rihanna, and Beyoncé. Join him as he explores the Los Angeles soundscape on the hunt for inspiration to create a new track. This film was shot entirely through Google Glass.
Before playing Rapsody’s new “She Got Game” mixtape 9th Wonder and Young Guru got into a discussion about Kendrick Lamar’s verse on Big Sean’s “Control” and why a response may be futile.
The Come Up Show caught up with Young Guru when he came to Canada for a mini DJ Tour and he was lecturing at Google Canada headquarters in Toronto. They touched on Piracy, the Lord Finesse and Mac Miller lawsuit, if Jay-Z is ever going to retire, Young Guru’s new headphones, the art of the [cont.]
In this episode, the “Sound of New York” and Jay-Z’s right hand man, Young Guru, talks about his early love of D.C. “go-go” music, U2 drum breaks and producing Jay-Z’s “Empire State of Mind”.
Just Blaze and Young Guru sit down for an exclusive conversation on Hard Knock TV. In Part 2 Just Blaze and Young Guru start off talking about early Rocafella days and how they think there won’t be a conglomerate like that again for several reasons. As the interview continues they share stories of how Keep [cont.]
Just Blaze and Young Guru sit down for an exclusive conversation on Hard Knock TV. The interview starts of with Young Guru asking Just Blaze about his new song Higher and about making transition from Hip Hop into EDM. Just Blaze says that he has always made electronic beats but that he didn’t always have [cont.]
Legendary engineer for Jay-Z/Roc-A-Fella remixes MF Doom. What else do you need to know?
In part 2 of Al Lindstrom’s interview, they talk with Young Guru about the success of J. Cole. They ask him how he feels about the sales of the album, after most people counted Cole out for a lack of a radio hit. They also talk about fan loyalty, the labels approach to digital music [cont.]
Engineer extraordinaire Young Guru speaks on his work with Jay-Z and the Roc Nation imprint.
The Wonder Year – The Alchemist speaks on 9th Wonder from LRG on Vimeo. The Wonder Year – Drake speaks on 9th Wonder from LRG on Vimeo. The Wonder Year – Sha Money XL speaks on 9th Wonder from LRG on Vimeo. The Wonder Year – Young Guru speaks on 9th Wonder from LRG on [cont.]
Longtime Jay-Z engineer speaks with HHC UK about a number of topics, and towards the end explains that Jay’s next record has an ill concept behind it.
- Raekwon Sets A Release Date For “F.I.L.A.” Album
- BUSH: A Snoop Odyssey Produced By Pharrell Williams [Preview]
- Drake – “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late” Surprise Album on iTunes Now
- Action Bronson “Mr. Wonderful” Cover Art and Tracklist
- Juicy J “Blue Dream & Lean 2″ Mixtape Cover Art & Release Date Revealed
- MF Grimm “MF Love Songs” Cover Art + Tracklist
- Lord Hakim – “Brass Knucklez” (feat. Vast Aire & Phizz Ed)
- IAMSU! – “Hella Good” (feat. Tyga)
- DJ Kay Slay – “I Declare War” (feat. Styles P, Sheek Louch, Vado, Raekwon, & Rell)
- Maverick Sabre – “We Don’t Wanna Be” (feat. Joey Bada$$)
- Cannibal Ox – “Blade: Art of Ox” (feat. Artifacts & U-God; prod. Black Milk)
- Asher Roth – “Blow Your Head” (prod. Nottz)