“Ka-Ching” just reminds me how very, very rare artists like De La Soul and Gang Starr are. Like Brand Nubian, their careers have survived the times but this new 12″ finds Sadat X doing some bling, bling, hoes and b*tches bullsh*t while De La and Gangstarr have maintained integrity AND excellence without pandering to the trendy sh*t. No offense to Sadat’s quest to earn his papers, but Minnesota’s beat could lose itself in all the studio sh*t that’s coming out today – nothing a bit distinctive about it – and Sadat doesn’t help much by putting Hy Tymes on who take away more than they add.
Even Diamond D can’t rescue things with “X-Man” (another banal hook by the way) – it’s the weakest track I’ve heard Diamond hook up in ages and he himself doesn’t show up to rhyme except on the chorus. Don’t’ get me wrong, I’m not saying Sadat’s fallen off as an MC – his nasal style still cuts like blades, but he’s certainly capable of better songs than this.
- Raekwon Sets A Release Date For “F.I.L.A.” Album
- BUSH: A Snoop Odyssey Produced By Pharrell Williams [Preview]
- Drake – “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late” Surprise Album on iTunes Now
- Action Bronson “Mr. Wonderful” Cover Art and Tracklist
- Juicy J “Blue Dream & Lean 2″ Mixtape Cover Art & Release Date Revealed
- MF Grimm “MF Love Songs” Cover Art + Tracklist
- Lord Hakim – “Brass Knucklez” (feat. Vast Aire & Phizz Ed)
- IAMSU! – “Hella Good” (feat. Tyga)
- DJ Kay Slay – “I Declare War” (feat. Styles P, Sheek Louch, Vado, Raekwon, & Rell)
- Maverick Sabre – “We Don’t Wanna Be” (feat. Joey Bada$$)
- Cannibal Ox – “Blade: Art of Ox” (feat. Artifacts & U-God; prod. Black Milk)
- Asher Roth – “Blow Your Head” (prod. Nottz)