26 January, 2010@5:33 am
2009 may not yet be a distant memory, but Hiero Imperium Records is already looking to the future with their energetic plans for the new year. The Oakland based label is poised to be at the forefront of underground hip-hop in 2010 with releases from Tajai, Chosen Few, Opio, Pep Love, Casual, and more.
Hiero Imperium Records triumphed in 2009 with the celebrated album, Montezuma’s Revenge from West Coast legends, Souls of Mischief. The album, lauded by both fans and critics alike, not only cemented Souls of Mischief’s stature in the hip-hop community but also sparked off a string of successful global tour dates. Fans were also enthusiastic to show their love for the Soul’s legacy, as a ’93 Til Infinity’ inspired tee shirt made in conjunction with streetwear staple Adapt sold out within 24 hours of its release. Eager to build upon its hip-hop hot streak, Hiero is now gearing up for an equally successful 2010 with an extensive slate of offerings from its famed roster.
The new year kicks off with music from trio Chosen Few, who will dropping the Opio laced single “Elevation” on February 9th, followed by the release of their debut album New World Symphony on April 6th. Fans will be excited to learn that the Opio extravaganza continues with the summer release of his highly anticipated album, Vulture’s Wisdom Volume 2, sure to extend the emcee’s linguistic legacy. Label-mate Pep Love plans on keeping busy in 2010 with a one-two sonic combo in form of pre-album project, The Rigamarole, and full-length album, Reconstruction, while Phesto Dee readies the release of his long-awaited Background Check for the masses.
Also on deck for Hiero is a new Casual project and a release from Tajai, who plans on dropping Rap Noir by years end. Not content to rest on their lyrical laurels, the label is also looking to unite its hip-hop superpowers and put out a Heiro-crew album, and, to top it all off, Tajai promises that more surprises are soon-to-come courtesy of the mighty Souls of Mischief. “2009 was a fantastic year, and we’re thankful for that,” explains Tajai. “There’s plenty more goodness to come in 2010 from the legendary Hiero Imperium Records.”
- Raekwon Sets A Release Date For “F.I.L.A.” Album
- BUSH: A Snoop Odyssey Produced By Pharrell Williams [Preview]
- Drake – “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late” Surprise Album on iTunes Now
- Action Bronson “Mr. Wonderful” Cover Art and Tracklist
- Juicy J “Blue Dream & Lean 2″ Mixtape Cover Art & Release Date Revealed
- MF Grimm “MF Love Songs” Cover Art + Tracklist
- Lord Hakim – “Brass Knucklez” (feat. Vast Aire & Phizz Ed)
- IAMSU! – “Hella Good” (feat. Tyga)
- DJ Kay Slay – “I Declare War” (feat. Styles P, Sheek Louch, Vado, Raekwon, & Rell)
- Maverick Sabre – “We Don’t Wanna Be” (feat. Joey Bada$$)
- Cannibal Ox – “Blade: Art of Ox” (feat. Artifacts & U-God; prod. Black Milk)
- Asher Roth – “Blow Your Head” (prod. Nottz)