In 2007, Eternia began recording her sophomore album with MoSS (a fellow Canadian), two years later the LP is complete and the title of the album says it all: At Last! Going where instinct took them, Eternia and MoSS’ collaborative union manifested into a sonically consistent album inspired by classic, boom-bap rap records (I.E. Ghostface Killah, Gangstarr, EPMD, Wu-Tang, & Nas).
MoSS is one of Hip-Hop’s fastest rising producers (see his work with Raekwon, Obie Trice, Ghostface, Joell Ortiz, Joe Budden, AZ, Slum Village, Havoc, Kool G Rap, KRS-One, Buckshot etc) and the first producer signed to DJ Premier’s “Works Of Mart” production company—needless to say, the classic boom-bap aesthetic is a lane MoSS is more then comfortable in.
At Last is entirely produced by MoSS and features appearances by some of Hip-hop’s elite, including Joell Ortiz, Ras Kass, Termanology, Tona, Reef The Lost Cauze and luminary female emcees such as Rage, Rah Digga, Jean Grae & Tiye Phoenix. Eternia is at her finest over MoSS’ production, offering raw, confidant & vulnerable first-person perspectives over gritty and moving soundscapes. At Last promises to resonate in a musical arena where most rap albums fail to deliver beyond a ring-tone single.
While Eternia has spent the better part of two-years working on At Last, she has also been a whirlwind of promotion and productivity. In the summer of 2008, shortly after the release of “Where I’m At – The Setup”, Eternia launched her extremely popular T-shirt design, “My Favorite Rapper Wears A Skirt” to thrilled fashion-conscientious fans worldwide.
Eternia has toured across Canada, the U.S., Australia, Mexico & Europe numerous times. Perhaps most noteworthy, she was invited to tour with Roxanne Shante, Bahamadia, Invincible and DJ Shortee across Europe on the historic “WE B-GIRLZ” tour in 2008, the first ever of its kind. Recently, Eternia has transformed herself from ‘that Canadian rapper’ to a household name on North American Hip Hop News & Blog sites, with her weekly video episodes “’AT Last’ – Road to Release Day” garnering well over 90,000 hits collectively and featuring Hip Hop legends DJ Premier, KRS-One, Pharoahe Monch, MC Lyte, Jeru the Damaja, 88-Keys, Jean Grae, Marco Polo, Smif N Wessun all co-signing the album.
Leave a Reply
- Raekwon Sets A Release Date For “F.I.L.A.” Album
- BUSH: A Snoop Odyssey Produced By Pharrell Williams [Preview]
- Drake – “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late” Surprise Album on iTunes Now
- Action Bronson “Mr. Wonderful” Cover Art and Tracklist
- Juicy J “Blue Dream & Lean 2″ Mixtape Cover Art & Release Date Revealed
- MF Grimm “MF Love Songs” Cover Art + Tracklist
- Lord Hakim – “Brass Knucklez” (feat. Vast Aire & Phizz Ed)
- IAMSU! – “Hella Good” (feat. Tyga)
- DJ Kay Slay – “I Declare War” (feat. Styles P, Sheek Louch, Vado, Raekwon, & Rell)
- Maverick Sabre – “We Don’t Wanna Be” (feat. Joey Bada$$)
- Cannibal Ox – “Blade: Art of Ox” (feat. Artifacts & U-God; prod. Black Milk)
- Asher Roth – “Blow Your Head” (prod. Nottz)