27 May, 2010@7:49 pm
SMC Recordings continues to attract some of the hottest artist’s out-adding to its already stellar roster. Their most recent signee is former Jive Records act, The Pack. The young group first made headlines in 2006, when their trendsetting hit single “Vans”, took over the airwaves. It was named #5 in the Rolling Stone’s Top 50 songs list for that year, and has sold 300,000 to date.
The Berkeley, CA based group, comprised of members; Lil Uno, Young L, Lil B and Stunnaman were discovered by Hip Hop legend Too $hort, who signed them to Jive Records. They released an album and an EP with the label, quickly achieving a large following for their unique and edgy sound created by in-house producer and group member Young L. They appeal to everyone from hip hop heads to skate boarders. Their music’s influence has had great reach; even making its way into famed comedian; Dave Chappell Skits, who brought up their popular song “Vans” to the delight of the audience at a recent show.
“I tried signing The Pack when “Vans” broke but how could I compete with Too $hort?” remembers SMC Recording’s Chief Operating Officer, Will Bronson.
“The Pack has always been ahead of the curve and with this new album, the songs are stellar and they’ve truly evolved into stars. We’ve got so much in store for these guys its incredible,”
The Pack’s first album on SMC Recordings, Wolfpack Party, (scheduled for an August 2010 release date) features production by Young L with additional help from hit making new comers The Cataracs keeping them musically as leaders of “the pack”.
“The Pack is a great fit for our label, as we have proven success with these niche groups of Hip Hop artists. With their crossover appeal and a sound that stays one step ahead of the trends, they add incredible depth and prestige to our roster” said SMC CEO Ralph Tashjian.
The group has is currently putting the finishing touches to their SMC debut and preparing for their Summer tour.
LISTEN: The Pack “Wolfpack Party”
Leave a Reply
- Raekwon Sets A Release Date For “F.I.L.A.” Album
- BUSH: A Snoop Odyssey Produced By Pharrell Williams [Preview]
- Drake – “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late” Surprise Album on iTunes Now
- Action Bronson “Mr. Wonderful” Cover Art and Tracklist
- Juicy J “Blue Dream & Lean 2″ Mixtape Cover Art & Release Date Revealed
- MF Grimm “MF Love Songs” Cover Art + Tracklist
- Lord Hakim – “Brass Knucklez” (feat. Vast Aire & Phizz Ed)
- IAMSU! – “Hella Good” (feat. Tyga)
- DJ Kay Slay – “I Declare War” (feat. Styles P, Sheek Louch, Vado, Raekwon, & Rell)
- Maverick Sabre – “We Don’t Wanna Be” (feat. Joey Bada$$)
- Cannibal Ox – “Blade: Art of Ox” (feat. Artifacts & U-God; prod. Black Milk)
- Asher Roth – “Blow Your Head” (prod. Nottz)