17 April, 2012@2:02 pm
Tupac’s back, as seen this past weekend at Coachella, as a “hologram” of the long deceased rapper performed alongside Dr. Dre and Snoop Dogg for two tracks, “Hail Mary” and “2 Of America’s Most Wanted”. Digitally recreated, minds were blown as 2Pac performed in sync with Snoop and Dre, even addressing the crowd with a “What’s up Coachella?!?” shout out.
It’s clear that most likely a digital image map suit wearing performer that sounds like ‘Pac is performing backstage, much like they have done in movies like The Polar Express or video games like Uncharted. While the company behind the stunt, Digital Domain, has not revealed exactly how it was done, sources say there is potential for a future tour involving Dr. Dre, Snoop, and 2Pac.
It won’t stop there either, while nothing is confirmed, we can expect Diddy to jump on the bandwagon and create a The Notorious Hologram B.I.G. tour with Shyne in the suit backstage, or the return of Michael Jackson in some holographic form or another. As one astute YouTube commenter pointed out, this is the new autotune.
Leave a Reply
- Raekwon Sets A Release Date For “F.I.L.A.” Album
- BUSH: A Snoop Odyssey Produced By Pharrell Williams [Preview]
- Drake – “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late” Surprise Album on iTunes Now
- Action Bronson “Mr. Wonderful” Cover Art and Tracklist
- Juicy J “Blue Dream & Lean 2″ Mixtape Cover Art & Release Date Revealed
- MF Grimm “MF Love Songs” Cover Art + Tracklist
- Lord Hakim – “Brass Knucklez” (feat. Vast Aire & Phizz Ed)
- IAMSU! – “Hella Good” (feat. Tyga)
- DJ Kay Slay – “I Declare War” (feat. Styles P, Sheek Louch, Vado, Raekwon, & Rell)
- Maverick Sabre – “We Don’t Wanna Be” (feat. Joey Bada$$)
- Cannibal Ox – “Blade: Art of Ox” (feat. Artifacts & U-God; prod. Black Milk)
- Asher Roth – “Blow Your Head” (prod. Nottz)