17 July, 2012@1:00 pm
The independent collective, comprised of intellectuals, musicians, creators, artists and agents known as The Black Opera launched its mission last year armed with audio and video demonstrations. To our surprise, this secret society of creatives extended an honorable invitation to US. After listening intensely for the past year, Mello Music Group decided to join The Black Opera – signing them to a multi-album deal and issuing a physical edition of “EnterMission.” August 28th on CD and September 25th on vinyl to add to the archives. The Black Opera issued the following statement about the signing:
“The Black Opera is not solely a musical outfit, music is only one aspect that represents THE BLACK OP: ERA. But, when it was time for The Black Opera to get their Musical Movement to ears of the future, they mapped out a plan. They knew that the Third and Final Endstallment of The Black Op Era: I; “Libretto: Of King Legend”, would be the Beginning of something special. Special enough to enlist a company worthy of joining forces with, that company is Mello Music Group.
Both sides decided to join forces in order to advance to their own vision and to assist the vision of their partner. This partnership stems from mutual admiration and appreciation of what each had done on their own. This marks the Beginning of a New Era for both Movements, as ONE.
WE: Will. NOT: Stop.
In addition, TBO prepared a visual presentation of “The Magician” asking “Is Perception KING or QUEEN? Or, a blurred line in between? That line can sometimes best be defined as “MAGIC”. The art of magic is displayed by slight of hand, and by natural forces being influenced by mysterious powers. In this video demonstration for “The Magician” the mystery remains, but the veil is slightly lowered.
The Opera is still Black, but this track brings new hints of sound in color. “The Magician” is a modern day vintage style mini-movie with a realistic portrayal of what happens when “too much, too soon” and “too little, too late” collide on the same track in a relationship. Join The Black Opera for this black tie affair and SPREAD THE WARNING.”
- Raekwon Sets A Release Date For “F.I.L.A.” Album
- BUSH: A Snoop Odyssey Produced By Pharrell Williams [Preview]
- Drake – “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late” Surprise Album on iTunes Now
- Action Bronson “Mr. Wonderful” Cover Art and Tracklist
- Juicy J “Blue Dream & Lean 2″ Mixtape Cover Art & Release Date Revealed
- MF Grimm “MF Love Songs” Cover Art + Tracklist
- Lord Hakim – “Brass Knucklez” (feat. Vast Aire & Phizz Ed)
- IAMSU! – “Hella Good” (feat. Tyga)
- DJ Kay Slay – “I Declare War” (feat. Styles P, Sheek Louch, Vado, Raekwon, & Rell)
- Maverick Sabre – “We Don’t Wanna Be” (feat. Joey Bada$$)
- Cannibal Ox – “Blade: Art of Ox” (feat. Artifacts & U-God; prod. Black Milk)
- Asher Roth – “Blow Your Head” (prod. Nottz)