Jneiro Jarel made this exclusive mix for Dazed Digital, to help promote his recent J.J. Doom mixtape with MF Doom.
DD: You’ve made an exclusive mix for Dazed, what’s the inspiration behind it?
Jneiro Jarel: I’ve been hugely inspired by the music from the UK since the ‘80s. I was into New Wave, I used to listen to Duran Duran, Tears For Fears, etc. People know me as ‘vintage-futuristic’, I like to always remember and pick the things I love from the past and bring it to the future. So that’s what I was doing, bringing Tears For Fears to now and mixing it with a newer song like ‘Winter Blues’, and also having a Gary Newman song come on before ‘Rhymin Slang’ because believe it or not, that’s the kind of sound that inspired that type of production.
Leave a Reply
- Raekwon Sets A Release Date For “F.I.L.A.” Album
- BUSH: A Snoop Odyssey Produced By Pharrell Williams [Preview]
- Drake – “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late” Surprise Album on iTunes Now
- Action Bronson “Mr. Wonderful” Cover Art and Tracklist
- Juicy J “Blue Dream & Lean 2″ Mixtape Cover Art & Release Date Revealed
- MF Grimm “MF Love Songs” Cover Art + Tracklist
- Lord Hakim – “Brass Knucklez” (feat. Vast Aire & Phizz Ed)
- IAMSU! – “Hella Good” (feat. Tyga)
- DJ Kay Slay – “I Declare War” (feat. Styles P, Sheek Louch, Vado, Raekwon, & Rell)
- Maverick Sabre – “We Don’t Wanna Be” (feat. Joey Bada$$)
- Cannibal Ox – “Blade: Art of Ox” (feat. Artifacts & U-God; prod. Black Milk)
- Asher Roth – “Blow Your Head” (prod. Nottz)