When Murs for President came out, it was a time when the United States was in the middle of a tense political and social climate. We were on the cusp of a new election, a deep financial crisis, and social media revealed itself as a leading form of mass communication. In an era when we felt bombarded by popular culture, Murs humorously, profoundly commented on the state of things, in turn contributing to a voice of a generation. A couple of years have passed since Murs for President, and many things have changed for us. The feeling of being overwhelmed has turned into a subtle blasé toward all things, a certain nonchalance for the otherwise shocking.
Cue This Generation, the new collaboration album between Murs and XXL Freshman Class alumni Fashawn. The album, which features beats by production duo Beatnik & K-Salaam, was created with the intention to identify with its namesake. FLuD Way TV got the opportunity to speak with the two artists for a light-hearted interview about their creative influence. After the short interview, the artists gave us an a cappella sneak peek of what to expect on their album. Check out This Generation on iTunes and in record stores nationwide, released via Duck Down Music.
- Raekwon Sets A Release Date For “F.I.L.A.” Album
- BUSH: A Snoop Odyssey Produced By Pharrell Williams [Preview]
- Drake – “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late” Surprise Album on iTunes Now
- Action Bronson “Mr. Wonderful” Cover Art and Tracklist
- Juicy J “Blue Dream & Lean 2″ Mixtape Cover Art & Release Date Revealed
- MF Grimm “MF Love Songs” Cover Art + Tracklist
- Lord Hakim – “Brass Knucklez” (feat. Vast Aire & Phizz Ed)
- IAMSU! – “Hella Good” (feat. Tyga)
- DJ Kay Slay – “I Declare War” (feat. Styles P, Sheek Louch, Vado, Raekwon, & Rell)
- Maverick Sabre – “We Don’t Wanna Be” (feat. Joey Bada$$)
- Cannibal Ox – “Blade: Art of Ox” (feat. Artifacts & U-God; prod. Black Milk)
- Asher Roth – “Blow Your Head” (prod. Nottz)