14 December, 2012@1:10 pm
Early in 2012, Man Bites Dog Records released what may be one of the best producer compilation albums in hip-hop this year, Kount Fif & R.M.L.’s The Swashbuckler Vol. 1: The Viking Wars. Standing alongside Stu Bangas & Vanderslice’s Diggaz With Attitude, also released via Man Bites Dog Records, The Swashbuckler, with production mostly by Kount Fif and R.M.L., has a feature list that includes some of underground hip-hop’s most revered talents, names like Copywrite, Roc Marciano, Torae, Planet Asia, Nine, Royce Da 5’9, and Heltah Skeltah, amongst dozens of others. Now, as the year winds down, Man Bites Dog is presenting the latest visual from the album, for the song “Arkansas Toothpick,” which features Roc Marciano and Jason Rose.
Directed by R.M.L., the video features an aggressive breaking-and-entering courtesy of Roc, who busts into a project apartment following a blunt-smoke-filled backseat performance of his verse. For the second verse, the visual switches up, focused on Jason Rose as he works his way through a robot build, an interesting parallel to the role he played in the recent MHz Legacy “Mechanical Me” video. And while the two scenes seem divergent, it’s Kount Fif’s beat, a haunting, string- and keys-sampling affair that brings the track together.
Leave a Reply
- Raekwon Sets A Release Date For “F.I.L.A.” Album
- BUSH: A Snoop Odyssey Produced By Pharrell Williams [Preview]
- Drake – “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late” Surprise Album on iTunes Now
- Action Bronson “Mr. Wonderful” Cover Art and Tracklist
- Juicy J “Blue Dream & Lean 2″ Mixtape Cover Art & Release Date Revealed
- MF Grimm “MF Love Songs” Cover Art + Tracklist
- Lord Hakim – “Brass Knucklez” (feat. Vast Aire & Phizz Ed)
- IAMSU! – “Hella Good” (feat. Tyga)
- DJ Kay Slay – “I Declare War” (feat. Styles P, Sheek Louch, Vado, Raekwon, & Rell)
- Maverick Sabre – “We Don’t Wanna Be” (feat. Joey Bada$$)
- Cannibal Ox – “Blade: Art of Ox” (feat. Artifacts & U-God; prod. Black Milk)
- Asher Roth – “Blow Your Head” (prod. Nottz)