Directed by Backie Thomas Produced by AB The Pro.
Uptown XO continues to offer raw emotive rhymes that open windows to his world. The cold, gun toting exterior often belies the humanity behind it all. XO offers a story not unlike many with scarface dreams born of section 8, but fresh in it’s minutia the way only truth can be. The disection of this textured story’s cycle from evictions as a youth to the echos from the fridge; from the sales of kush in orange bubbles, to the understanding of how it employs the lawyers, the judges, the DA, and the jail workers; – all poignantly wrapped in the phrase “damn, ni&&as just didn’t want to flip burgers.” Earnest reflection over ill production. The sometimes morbid take on life culminates with the mantra “I got mouths to feed till they put flowers on me.”
AB The Pro produces the haunting track for Uptown XO to reflect and lay relish over, while director Backie Thomas creates stark visuals, brilliant in color, framing, and movement. It’s all prelude to the new album Colour de Grey coming from Mello Music Group Janaury 29th.
Leave a Reply
- Raekwon Sets A Release Date For “F.I.L.A.” Album
- BUSH: A Snoop Odyssey Produced By Pharrell Williams [Preview]
- Drake – “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late” Surprise Album on iTunes Now
- Action Bronson “Mr. Wonderful” Cover Art and Tracklist
- Juicy J “Blue Dream & Lean 2″ Mixtape Cover Art & Release Date Revealed
- MF Grimm “MF Love Songs” Cover Art + Tracklist
- Lord Hakim – “Brass Knucklez” (feat. Vast Aire & Phizz Ed)
- IAMSU! – “Hella Good” (feat. Tyga)
- DJ Kay Slay – “I Declare War” (feat. Styles P, Sheek Louch, Vado, Raekwon, & Rell)
- Maverick Sabre – “We Don’t Wanna Be” (feat. Joey Bada$$)
- Cannibal Ox – “Blade: Art of Ox” (feat. Artifacts & U-God; prod. Black Milk)
- Asher Roth – “Blow Your Head” (prod. Nottz)