3 years ago I was sat in a studio in the heart of Compton with an up and coming MC and his team. They were playing me new music, telling me their game plan, their hopes and dreams to make their mark in the crowded rap game, even asking my opinion on how they could impact Europe.
May 2013 and Kendrick is Lamar is live on stage tearing down ‘One Big Weekend’. The plan worked, the dreams came true, and at this moment in time he is one of the most highly respected, successful artists in the game.
Im gassed for him. Both he and TDE have paid their due, and deserve their current tidal wave of fortune and critical acclaim. Backstage at ‘One Big Weekend’ I caught up with Kendrick to find out what happens next for one of the most inspiring cliques in the game.
Nas, Emile Sande, that Cole album, Detox, we talk on all of of it…..
- Raekwon Sets A Release Date For “F.I.L.A.” Album
- BUSH: A Snoop Odyssey Produced By Pharrell Williams [Preview]
- Drake – “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late” Surprise Album on iTunes Now
- Action Bronson “Mr. Wonderful” Cover Art and Tracklist
- Juicy J “Blue Dream & Lean 2″ Mixtape Cover Art & Release Date Revealed
- MF Grimm “MF Love Songs” Cover Art + Tracklist
- Lord Hakim – “Brass Knucklez” (feat. Vast Aire & Phizz Ed)
- IAMSU! – “Hella Good” (feat. Tyga)
- DJ Kay Slay – “I Declare War” (feat. Styles P, Sheek Louch, Vado, Raekwon, & Rell)
- Maverick Sabre – “We Don’t Wanna Be” (feat. Joey Bada$$)
- Cannibal Ox – “Blade: Art of Ox” (feat. Artifacts & U-God; prod. Black Milk)
- Asher Roth – “Blow Your Head” (prod. Nottz)