Chaotik Stylz spent the majority of his formative years shuttling back and forth between Buffalo, NY and Los Angeles, CA and did so by navigating between two different worlds; the suburbs of Buffalo and the inner-city of LA. “My upbringing was odd to say the least. I was primarily raised by my mother, who was an actress who later became a school teacher and when she passed away after a long-battle with Lupus it unleashed a monster inside of me. My father, left for Los Angeles when I was a kid, needless to say it created issues” states Chaotik.
Chaotik started emceeing at the age of 16 with his crew in Buffalo and after his Mother passed away it lit a fire in him which propelled him to take his gift more seriously. After linking up with M.E.D., Chaotik was introduced to Oh No and thru the wizardy of technology received a beat-tape from Oh No that would inspire him to start crafting the material that would eventually become The Subliminal Substance LP. The initial recording stages of the project soon thereafter lead to Chaotik holing up at Oh No’s studio in Oxnard, CA “We worked the entire time I was there, all I did was choose beats and rhyme during that trip. However, as the process played out, most of the original beats I picked during those sessions were scrapped and new ones were selected. The time I spent out there changed me as an artist and started me on the path I’m currently now on” Chaotik laments.
Since the completion of his LP, Chaotik has stepped into a new arena and begun on a path of sobriety, but The Subliminal Substance is full of drug and alcoholic rage; pain of loss, mental issues and a “Chaotik” lifestyle. Chaotik offers “The Subliminal Substance centers on the idea that Hip-Hop music has become a highly addictive, yet dangerous drug which is ruining the spirit of its listeners; it has become a shadow of its former self and this is my ode to its glory days and hope that the art-form will return to its greatness.”
- Raekwon Sets A Release Date For “F.I.L.A.” Album
- BUSH: A Snoop Odyssey Produced By Pharrell Williams [Preview]
- Drake – “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late” Surprise Album on iTunes Now
- Action Bronson “Mr. Wonderful” Cover Art and Tracklist
- Juicy J “Blue Dream & Lean 2″ Mixtape Cover Art & Release Date Revealed
- MF Grimm “MF Love Songs” Cover Art + Tracklist
- Lord Hakim – “Brass Knucklez” (feat. Vast Aire & Phizz Ed)
- IAMSU! – “Hella Good” (feat. Tyga)
- DJ Kay Slay – “I Declare War” (feat. Styles P, Sheek Louch, Vado, Raekwon, & Rell)
- Maverick Sabre – “We Don’t Wanna Be” (feat. Joey Bada$$)
- Cannibal Ox – “Blade: Art of Ox” (feat. Artifacts & U-God; prod. Black Milk)
- Asher Roth – “Blow Your Head” (prod. Nottz)