Exclusive in-depth interview with Tech N9ne. In part 1 Tech talks to Nick Huff Barili about his new song featuring Kendrick Lamar, Mayday and Kendall Morgan called “Fragile” off his upcoming Something Elsealbum. Tech explains how a critic’s review of his Paid Dues performance inspired him to write the song. Tech not only addresses the criticism but also performs his verse acapella so listeners can hear every word he is saying. While telling us how TDE and Strange Music are like family, Tech opens up about a tragic event that lead to the death of EMJ (R.I.P Michael Jones) while on tour in Nevada. Part 1 contains much more insight into Tech N9ne including why he paints he face as well as how Slick Rick inspired him to rap fast.
In part 2 Tech talks to Nick Huff Barili about his new song featuring Serj Tankian from System Of A Down. Tech N9ne says that he has been a fan of SOAD since he heard their single Sugar, which he re-enacted for us. Tech not only shares what it was like linking up with Serj but also lets us in on some wisdom he got from hanging out with Serj at the video shoot for “Straight out the Gate”.
In part 3 Tech addresses rumors that Wiz Khalifa dissed Hopsin on his track “See Me”. Tech explains that Wiz is not talking about anyone is particular when he talks about a rapper with contact lenses and that people are jumping to the wrong conclusions. Tech goes on to say that he wanted to sign Hopsin to Strange Music but that he is not upset that Hopsin decided to do his own thing instead. Tech also states that he is currently working on a track with Hopsin and with Dizzy Wright. As the interview continues Tech shares a story of how Mac Dre came to a strip club Tech was running in Kansas City and expressed that he wanted to work with Tech. Later when Tech found out Mac Dre (RIP) had been shot he couldn’t believe it and called up Yukmouth to confirm. Tech was not only sadden by the news but was even more distraught to hear that Mac Dre had kids he left behind. Because Mac Dre was shot in Kansas City people associated it with Tech and turned a couple of Tech’s promo vans over in the Bay Area. After a year not going to the Bay to do shows Tech decided that he had too many people in the Bay and started doing shows again. Tech says that fans still show love for Mac Dre all over the world when he plays a tribute to him during his shows.
- Raekwon Sets A Release Date For “F.I.L.A.” Album
- BUSH: A Snoop Odyssey Produced By Pharrell Williams [Preview]
- Drake – “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late” Surprise Album on iTunes Now
- Action Bronson “Mr. Wonderful” Cover Art and Tracklist
- Juicy J “Blue Dream & Lean 2″ Mixtape Cover Art & Release Date Revealed
- MF Grimm “MF Love Songs” Cover Art + Tracklist
- Lord Hakim – “Brass Knucklez” (feat. Vast Aire & Phizz Ed)
- IAMSU! – “Hella Good” (feat. Tyga)
- DJ Kay Slay – “I Declare War” (feat. Styles P, Sheek Louch, Vado, Raekwon, & Rell)
- Maverick Sabre – “We Don’t Wanna Be” (feat. Joey Bada$$)
- Cannibal Ox – “Blade: Art of Ox” (feat. Artifacts & U-God; prod. Black Milk)
- Asher Roth – “Blow Your Head” (prod. Nottz)