6 August, 2013@5:42 am
Pusha T turned his long-awaited debut My Name Is My Name in to Kanye West this past June. Ever the perfectionist, West had some minor suggestions for his G.O.O.D. Music rapper, thus delaying the original July 16 release date.
“When I turned it in in June, he gave me probably two or three new beats,” said King Push of Kanye’s feedback from his dressing room at Saturday’s Hennessy VS Lollapalooza after-party. “One of those beats was from Joaquin Phoenix, and it’s probably gonna be … I want it to be the intro to my album.”
Just in case you missed that. Yes, Kanye West got his hands on a Joaquin Phoenix beat that he gave to Pusha T, who insists it will appear on his My Name Is My Name LP.
Phoenix and his beard infamously attempted a rap career in 2010, that was filmed for the Casey Affleck-directed mockumentary I’m Still Here. Phoenix’s rap album never surfaced after it was revealed to be a hoax, and his commitment to hip-hop production was a relative mystery until right now. Pusha T insists it’s a really good beat. Let’s just hope it’s as good as Phoenix’s acting skills, not his rapping.
Leave a Reply
- Raekwon Sets A Release Date For “F.I.L.A.” Album
- BUSH: A Snoop Odyssey Produced By Pharrell Williams [Preview]
- Drake – “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late” Surprise Album on iTunes Now
- Action Bronson “Mr. Wonderful” Cover Art and Tracklist
- Juicy J “Blue Dream & Lean 2″ Mixtape Cover Art & Release Date Revealed
- MF Grimm “MF Love Songs” Cover Art + Tracklist
- Lord Hakim – “Brass Knucklez” (feat. Vast Aire & Phizz Ed)
- IAMSU! – “Hella Good” (feat. Tyga)
- DJ Kay Slay – “I Declare War” (feat. Styles P, Sheek Louch, Vado, Raekwon, & Rell)
- Maverick Sabre – “We Don’t Wanna Be” (feat. Joey Bada$$)
- Cannibal Ox – “Blade: Art of Ox” (feat. Artifacts & U-God; prod. Black Milk)
- Asher Roth – “Blow Your Head” (prod. Nottz)