Aesop Rock interviews Blockhead about video games, sports, and other topics. Look for Blockhead’s Interludes After Midnight on May 5th, but before that, The Robin Byrd Mixtape, mixed by yours truly.
Busdriver tells us: “Songs born out of aggression tend to usually make the final cut over here,” Busdriver tells of this 7″ single, now available at his webstore. “This song is no exception. I asked Aesop Rock to join me in a spiraling death plunge into rap’s blackened heart and he happily agreed. This song [cont.]
From 900Bats This is Aesop Rock, Eyedea, and Slug, rapping on a Blockhead beat in about 1999 or 2000. Huge shout to Despot for holding on to this all these years. This beat later appeared on Aesop Rock’s Labor Days LP as Bent Life (Feat. C-Rayz Walz). Here is a few words from Aes – [cont.]
Hail Mary Mallon (Aesop Rock, Rob Sonic, DJ Big Wiz) just released their latest video. Watch as Aes and Rob swap lines while they eat dinner at none other than SF’s very own Grubstake (hence the title).
New remix by Edison from Aesop Rock, Rob Sonic and Big Wiz’s Hail Mary Mallon project, in stores now.
The fourth single off of Are You Gonna Eat That? from Hail Mary Mallon featuring Aesop Rock, Rob Sonic, and DJ Big Wiz.
The third single off of Are You Gonna Eat That? from Hail Mary Mallon featuring Aesop Rock, Rob Sonic, and DJ Big Wiz. Directed by: Alexander Tarrant and Justin Metros.
Second single from the Aesop Rock + Rob Sonic + Big Wiz collaborative LP on Rhymesayers, available now on Itunes. Non album remix by Edison.
New video from Aesop Rock, Rob Sonic and Dj Big Wiz (Hail Mary Mallon) from their Rhymesayers debut Are You Gonna Eat That?. The name and album title are inspired by Mary Mallon aka Typhoid Mary, the first person in the U.S. identified as a healthy carrier of the pathogen associated with typhoid fever. Mary [cont.]
The album is up for pre-sale now over at Fifth Element Online: After years of performing live together and appearing on each other’s solo albums, critically acclaimed mc’s/producers Aesop Rock and Rob Sonic, along with DJ Big Wiz, come together as Hail Mary Mallon and deliver their Rhymesayers debut Are You Gonna Eat That?. The [cont.]
This track comes from RSE’s Record Store Day vinyl picture disk, which may or may not turn up at the Fifth Element Online Store, sooner or later. Shout out to 900 Bats. #wedontneednohook [Audio clip: view full post to listen] LISTEN: Atmosphere + Aesop Rock – “Which Way Is Up”
Murs’ Varsity Blues 2 EP dropped this week on Itunes, boasting production from Aesop Rock, Terrace Martin, Issue, Foudnation, Karl Berringer and Droop-E. Here is the first video from the project, directed by Darryl Richardson, Bazooka Tooth on the track.
Some Brownsville, Brooklyn posse action here for the latest installment of Rock’s Monsta Mondays. [Audio clip: view full post to listen] LISTEN: Rock – “You Will Respect Me” (feat. Tek, Smoothe Da Hustla, Gat Murdah) Rock – “You Will Respect Me” (feat. Tek, Smoothe Da Hustla, Gat Murdah)
Aesop Rock’s 900 Bats website revealed this new cut from Murs, which you can grab below. Varsity Blues 2 album coming soon….
The Geniuses are Aesop Rock, Kimya Dawson, Johnny Druelinger (Tin Tree Factory), Jason Carmer & Quinn Tuffinuff. Together, along with Important Records, they have created this holiday album to benefit the Stonewall Youth Center. Geniuses – “Holiday Rampage” (via Important Records)
Aes Riggety performs at “Catacomb Kids” @ Zero Friends, while thinking of super steak nachos. Cage too.
Aesop Rock remixes Hanni El Khatib’s track, complete with rap.
Why is this here, you ask? Aesop Rock produces beats for this progressive outfit. Grab the MP3 below if you are open minded.
Here’s the single Bosico from the new Grimace Federation record “On Velvet”, as remixed by Aesop Rock. Video by Alexander Tarrant and Justin Metros.
Ghosts of the Barbary Coast is another collaboration between Aesop Rock and artist Jeremy Fish, available for download from def jux right here. The art is Fish at his surreal tattoo influenced best. The track called “tomorrow morning” is pure Ace Rizzle , with the strangely catchy chorus of: tomorrow morning when the wharf is [cont.]
- Prince Po And Oh No Join Forces For “Animal Serum” LP
- Mac Miller & Pharrell Reconnecting To Finish “Pink Slime” EP
- 2 Chainz and Pusha T Team For “2 Good To Be T.R.U.” Tour
- Fabolous Reveals “The Soul Tape 3″ Cover Art, Release Date
- Kanye’s Next Album May Be 8 Songs, Produced By Q-Tip & Rick Rubin
- Alchemist – “The Cutting Room Floor 3″ Tracklist Revealed
- Fat Trel – “Shhh (Remix)” (feat. Tracy T + Meek Mill + Rick Ross)
- Sean Price & M-Phazes – “Murdah Type Thinkin” (feat. Roc Marciano & DJ Devastate)
- Mic Terror – “15 Minutes”
- TeeFlii – “That’s How We Livin” (feat. Snoop Dogg & Warren G)
- Saigon – “Best Mistake” (feat. G Martin)
- Travis Barker & Scoop DeVille – “Cuz Im Famous” (feat. Paul Wall, Hopsin & Yelawolf)
- Talib Kweli - "The Wormhole" (Video)
Commented on by khordkutta
- Cory Mo – "Hold Up" (feat. Big K.R.I.T. & Talib Kweli) (Video)
Commented on by yungplex
- Strong Arm Steady & Oh No - "No Sky Limit (Smoke On Remix)" (feat. Dom Kennedy)
Commented on by dr dre beats 80 off
- Masta Ace Reveals He Has Been Living With Multiple Sclerosis For a Decade
Commented on by yungplex
- Alchemist - "The Cutting Room Floor 3" Tracklist Revealed
Commented on by Thoroughbread
- Jay Z - "Tom Ford (Remix)" (feat. Pimp C) + Jay Ranks His Albums
Commented on by Chad