While Das Racist has announced their debut album to be called Relax, a recent series of Tweets suggests otherwise. According to the group’s official twitter, they have 18 tracks finished, and “7 or so more to wrap up”, and they may make it a double album debut called Swate Suit. The album, whatever it may [cont.]
Das Racist talks about the aftermath of the Quake in Japan and ensures Karmalooptv that they are in the building.
Das Racist hangs with the Hot Mop Films crew, speaking on a number of topics including being classified as joke rap, Kanye’s album, Drake’s fame, and more.
The Das Racist crew return with a new joint in anticipation of their performance at the Highline Ballroom tonight. “I eat cracker jacks, bump Ratatat, give dapper daps and smack a cracker back to his habitat.” LISTEN: Das Racist – “Swate” Das Racist – “Swate”
Das Racist crack brews at the corner store bodega with Pitchfork, then bust a hilarious freestyle.
As Das Racist continues to make their move, the group has now introduced a remix contest where the winning remixer will have their remix spread out via Das Racist’s website, win a T-Shirt, and some signed CDs. The deadline for the submission is January 18, 2011. More info can be found at the remix contest [cont.]
According to the group’s website, Das Racist was deported and detained while on tour in the UK yesterday. The group released the following statement: UPDATE 12/14/2010 2:46 pm EST: We were not deported (or removed) because of our “political views,” that was a joke. Maybe a stupid one. We were removed due to paperwork and [cont.]
Homeboy Sandman and Das Racist team up for this collaborative single. Sit down, man. LISTEN: Homeboy Sandman + Das Racist – “I’m Up On That” (MP3) Homeboy Sandman + Das Racist – “I’m Up On That” (MP3)
Das Racist are a Brooklyn based indie hip-hop act , made up of Himanshu Suri (via Queens) and Victor Vazquez (via San Francisco), who first got some shine from their addictive innanet hit, “Combination Pizza Hut and Taco Bell”. The songs repetitive nature caught the ears of various hipster critics, making way for their Shut [cont.]
Hilarious rap outfit Das Racist deliver their highly anticipated Sit Down, Man mixtape, including guest shots from Diplo, El-P, Scoop Deville, Dame Grease, Roc Marciano, and Boi-1nda. HHS review coming soon. Das Racist – “Sit Down, Man” (Mixtape)
Official Das Racist video for “Who’s That? Brooown!”. Directed by Thomas De Napoli. Video Game Developed and Designed by Joe Mauriello. Play the game at http://dasracist.net/whosthatbrown.html. Props due to anyone who can name all the games “sampled” in the video in the comments section below.
- Raekwon Sets A Release Date For “F.I.L.A.” Album
- BUSH: A Snoop Odyssey Produced By Pharrell Williams [Preview]
- Drake – “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late” Surprise Album on iTunes Now
- Action Bronson “Mr. Wonderful” Cover Art and Tracklist
- Juicy J “Blue Dream & Lean 2″ Mixtape Cover Art & Release Date Revealed
- MF Grimm “MF Love Songs” Cover Art + Tracklist
- Lord Hakim – “Brass Knucklez” (feat. Vast Aire & Phizz Ed)
- IAMSU! – “Hella Good” (feat. Tyga)
- DJ Kay Slay – “I Declare War” (feat. Styles P, Sheek Louch, Vado, Raekwon, & Rell)
- Maverick Sabre – “We Don’t Wanna Be” (feat. Joey Bada$$)
- Cannibal Ox – “Blade: Art of Ox” (feat. Artifacts & U-God; prod. Black Milk)
- Asher Roth – “Blow Your Head” (prod. Nottz)