The Kampala Blackouts EP was recorded over a two-week span in Kampala, Uganda in May of 2012. Featuring Los Angeles-based beatmaker and Brainfeeder recording artist, Ras G, and Los-Angeles-based Hellfyre Club recording artist, Open Mike Eagle, along with Ugandan rapper Mon MC, this project is the result of an international hip-hop exchange program between hip-hop [cont.]
Music By Awkward. Video directed by Brood Baby Jed. Catch Open Mike Eagle on tour this October. Oct 11 – Oakland – New Parish Oct 12 – Los Angeles – The Bootleg Oct 13 – San Diego – The Griffin Oct 14 – Tucson, AZ – Plush Oct 16 – Austin, TX – Mohawk Jr. [cont.]
Zilla Rocca started this florid set-up last summer with the “Full Spectrum” video, filmed on Super 8 film on location in Asbury Park, NJ, funded exclusively by Kickstarter with a gaudy appearance from his Wrecking Crew comrade Has-Lo of Mello Music Group. This summer, Zilla Rocca grabbed Open Mike Eagle while he was on tour [cont.]
So true. Wear your backpack past (and present) like a badge, I do. From the album 4NML HSPTL.
Lead single to Mike’s Rappers Will Die Of Natural Causes, available now. Produced by Willie Green. Starring E.Super as the nightmare house band. Hellfyre Club Records.
Project Blowed affiliate and all around good guy Open Mike Eagle returns on June 7th, with his follow up to his critically acclaimed Unapologetic Art Rap LP. 1. The Processional (The Funeral March) prod. E. Super 2. Nightmares prod. Willie Green 3. No Body Nose prod. Loden 4. NH2 (Grins and Lies) feat/prod Alpha MC [cont.]
Music video for “Haircut” by Open Mike Eagle from the EP Art Rap After Party on Mush Records.Also directed by Open Mike Eagle.
Open Mike Eagle offers this remix from his critically acclaimed Art Rap Party LP. Big up to Whiskey Teeth on the discovery. LISTEN: Open Mike Eagle – “Garbage Man (Prolific Of ESuper Remix)” (MP3) Open Mike Eagle – “Garbage Man (Prolific Of ESuper Remix)” (MP3)
Psalm One and Open Mic Eagle will hit Chicago, Minneapolis, and the Bay Area this summer. Check the video above for full details.
Open Mike Eagle comes from the school of the west coast underground, studying under the tutelage of Project Blowed greats that came before him, such as Freestyle Fellowship. But for a scene that prides itself on how off kilter one can spit, Open Mike Eagle delivers a surprisingly down to earth, smart hip-hop record with [cont.]
Open Mike Eagle’s “I Rock” video, taken from his Mush Records release, Unapologetic Art Rap, out May 11th. Directed by Kiki Allgeier.
This is the first single from LA’s Open Mike Eagle, who will release his official Mush Records debut, Unapologetic Art Rap, due May 11th. The album will feature production from Exile, Alwayz Prolific, and Maestroe. Below is the album’s first leaked track, “Unapologetic” (feat. Nocando). These two dudes are pretty fed up about what’s happening [cont.]
- Raekwon Sets A Release Date For “F.I.L.A.” Album
- BUSH: A Snoop Odyssey Produced By Pharrell Williams [Preview]
- Drake – “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late” Surprise Album on iTunes Now
- Action Bronson “Mr. Wonderful” Cover Art and Tracklist
- Juicy J “Blue Dream & Lean 2″ Mixtape Cover Art & Release Date Revealed
- MF Grimm “MF Love Songs” Cover Art + Tracklist
- Lord Hakim – “Brass Knucklez” (feat. Vast Aire & Phizz Ed)
- IAMSU! – “Hella Good” (feat. Tyga)
- DJ Kay Slay – “I Declare War” (feat. Styles P, Sheek Louch, Vado, Raekwon, & Rell)
- Maverick Sabre – “We Don’t Wanna Be” (feat. Joey Bada$$)
- Cannibal Ox – “Blade: Art of Ox” (feat. Artifacts & U-God; prod. Black Milk)
- Asher Roth – “Blow Your Head” (prod. Nottz)