In the major label world, sometimes it’s hard to find even 10 releases to make this list these days, but 2012 had a handful of solid releases deserving of placement; and a few future classics. 10. Curren$y – The Stoned Immaculate – Curren$y’s first foray into the major label world didn’t bother trying to make [cont.]
10. 1982 (Statik Selektah & Termanology) – “2012″ – Sheer brilliance as Stat and Term neglected employing the overused Busta Rhymes’ “end-of-the-world” concept for their 2012 LP, and instead based it around the presidential election. A commemorative plate, with Term for president with Statik Selektah as his running mate (or the other way around), as [cont.]
We know we made you wait, but we’re kicking off our 2012 Year-In-Review with a bang, starting with the Worst Album Covers of 2012. Don’t be mad ya’ll…… 10. Masta Ace – “MA Doom: Son of Yvonne” – We’re not going to dis this album, it’s one of the best records of the year, in [cont.]
We decided to skip the “Biggest Songs Of The Year” or “Best Club Bangers” list, for a few reasons. One, we can’t tell good from bad when we are drunk in the club, two, this shit has been covered ad nauseum, and three, it makes us feel like we’re at work. We’re tired enough of [cont.]
The year is over, but our lists continue. There were a ton of great indie LP’s in 2011 and it was hard to narrow it down, but here are our very favorites. Best Major Label Albums and Best Mixtapes lists still to come… 10. Pusha T – Fear of God 2: Let Us Prey – [cont.]
ILLUS is making big moves and has a new song and video on the upcoming French super producer DJ Brans album. The new track and video feature the return of THE MASK who made his debut earlier this year in this incredibly fresh MASK VIDEO Check it out and get the single on iTUNES ILLUS [cont.]
Exclusive brand new video brought to you by ILLUS and The KRATE KRUSADERS. Purchase The Mask Maxi-Single on iTunes or wherever digital music is sold. Written and Performed by Adam ILLUS Wallenta. Produced by The Krate Krusaders. Video Directed, photographed and edited by Kevin Kelley and Jesse Anders Green On Green. Produced by Kevin Kelley, [cont.]
The new ILLUS album “FOR ADAM” is complete and with your help will be available soon. Make a Kickstarter pledge of $10 and get a copy of the brand new limited edition CD featuring Freddie Foxxx, Gift of Gab, Homeboy Sandman, J.J. Brown, Eternia, Craig G, Wordsworth, Reef the Lost Cauze, Block McCloud, Paul Dateh, [cont.]
Witness the Black Cloak Lifestyle. Off 2012: The New Beginning. Directed by The Doppelgangaz. The Doppelgangaz – “2012: The New Beginning”
First video from the new Onry Ozzborn (of Grayskul / Dark Time Sunshine) album “Hold On For Dear Life” out on Fake Four Inc. 1/25/11.
Rex Arrow Films, ShowOff Records & Brick Records Present…REKS “25th Hour”, Produced by DJ Premier. Shot & Edited by Ian Wolfson for Rex Arrow Films 2011. Video Produced by Statik Selektah.
Noisemaker Media, Viper Records and Da Circle Present “Napalm”. Goodtime Slim and Fatz D’Assassin are more than just another brand of revolution rap. They are the revolution. On Napalm, Immortal Technique joins Da Circle to plot a coupe de tat on the industry and set the world stage ablaze with their fiery rhetoric and revolutionary [cont.]
Music video for the song “10 Stone” from the Smokey Part Two EP by hip-hop producer Latimore Platz. Video was shot in Columbus, Ohio and Detroit, Michigan at Hittsville, USA the Motown Museum. Video shot, directed, & edited by Shepard Albertson (aka Blueprint) using a Sony Vixia HF100 camera and Final Cut Pro.
You didn’t think we forgot about this, did you? Our final Best and Worst List from the HHS 2010 Year In Review. Behold, the Top 10 Bitch Moves Of The Year…. 10. Mos Def Tracks Deleted From Ski Beatz’s “24 Hour Karate School” – We guess Mos Def is another artist not really down with [cont.]
This track is on the upcoming Dark City 3 called “Skyscraper Ships”. Release will be early 2011….
10. California Swag District – “Teach Me How To Dougie” – We will never, ever understand the appeal of this song. Somehow, it manages to still rock the party, despite being void of any energy whatsoever. Back it up and dump it. 9. The Game – “400 Bars” – Damn, Game killed Jay Electronica’s “Exhibit [cont.]
Check out the new video from “The Just-Ice and KRS-ONE EP Vol #1″ called “Blah, Blah, Blah”. Two of hip-hop’s biggest legends reunite and bring you back to the classic days of “Going Way Back” and “self-destruction”. Make sure to pick up the new EP digitally everywhere including iTunes, Rhapsody, Emusic, Amazon, and more through [cont.]
OLD FRIENDS is the brand new single from the FEEL GOOD MUSIC album by ILLUS and J.J. Brown and features the super-talented PAUL DATEH FEEL GOOD MUSIC has been called “one of the best albums of 2010″ by Chuck D from Public Enemy, and is available on iTunes Old Friends Written by Adam ILLUS Wallenta [cont.]
- Raekwon Sets A Release Date For “F.I.L.A.” Album
- BUSH: A Snoop Odyssey Produced By Pharrell Williams [Preview]
- Drake – “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late” Surprise Album on iTunes Now
- Action Bronson “Mr. Wonderful” Cover Art and Tracklist
- Juicy J “Blue Dream & Lean 2″ Mixtape Cover Art & Release Date Revealed
- MF Grimm “MF Love Songs” Cover Art + Tracklist
- Lord Hakim – “Brass Knucklez” (feat. Vast Aire & Phizz Ed)
- IAMSU! – “Hella Good” (feat. Tyga)
- DJ Kay Slay – “I Declare War” (feat. Styles P, Sheek Louch, Vado, Raekwon, & Rell)
- Maverick Sabre – “We Don’t Wanna Be” (feat. Joey Bada$$)
- Cannibal Ox – “Blade: Art of Ox” (feat. Artifacts & U-God; prod. Black Milk)
- Asher Roth – “Blow Your Head” (prod. Nottz)